Game Development: Valhalla Rising

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Valhalla Rising

Postby RickyP602 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:29 pm

banok wrote:
VDZ wrote:
Death in combat with a bear or troll or similar mighty creature should definitely qualify you for Valhalla. Especially if you fell after slaying multiple bears, succumbing from the wounds you got from all encounters combined. Plus, you can drown in combat.

No because 99% of deaths to bears are gona be people being stooopid, not bravely 1v1 a bear. more like you didn't wall it in probably and died like a pussy. It should be there to mollycoddle people who got ganked, make them feel a bit better.

RickyP602 wrote:Don't you guys get that it is effectively the same thing? Make an alt, drown and alt, have a friend kill your alt, kill your alt with an alt. whatever, Larp it how you will, but mechanically it is indeed the same thing.

You are going to grind and throw away 200k LP just to play in valhalla? you will get there on your main anyway, great plan buddy.

What are you talking about. It's 50 int and 100k lp. Fresh alt with 0 hunger can get 50 int fast. 100k lp just throw some shit on him for a few days, or even shitter shit for a week.
Last edited by RickyP602 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickyP602

Postby MrBunzy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:29 pm

So where is everyone...

(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby bojackson » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:30 pm

I see some changes with cave ins - Did you guys change the only shp damage?

I had an odd, unlikely theory that, at some point in dev, you changed the damage of cave ins to simply take all of ones shp away ( on the idea that you needed to test it and because you have uber chars, needed it to take all shp away) my thoughts of this were because I noticed that's exactly what it does is take away all of ones shp. Even after gaining some more total hp it was doing the same all shp damage. Probably not right 8-)

Unless - Cave ins that I encountered would have completely killed my char and was somehow prevented by only doing shp damage (unintentionally) ? I dunno its not important but I was just curious
Ohhh that's how I make a sig, cool
bojackson

Postby Turtlesir » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:34 pm

qthree wrote:Image

is that the throne of the Gods in the back? will they (as in jorb/loftar) sometimes be seated there to bear witness to the glorious fallen? :)

you guys continue to impress me. no game has ever been able to hold my interest for this long, which makes this probably the best game ever created.:) well done, guys.
Turtlesir

Postby Hervarth » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:37 pm

banok wrote:Ok guys I tested it, I have:
71 UA
32 MC

raise shield means x3 MC value so I effectively have 96 MC vs 71 UA

http://i.imgur.com/GD1cEEM.png

both my moves below took 1 hit from a fox, and as you can see the difference is fucken negliable. I knew delta stuff would make x3 means less, but wow. Still raise shield is a great move for its other properties, but the x3 thing doesn't seem to matter much at all :(

EDIT:

Gunnar (ty) did same test with 60 ua and 84 mc and

http://puu.sh/kwcHB/f07a39c240.png
http://puu.sh/kwcHw/6afacd6be2.png

can see his shield up bar is more full but yeah still pretty simular.

96 vs 74 is barely different, btw, once you sqrt. My screenshot (yeah im gunnar, i subbed the wrong account) shows a significant difference, really, at 252 effective mc. I think its fine how it is.

ps: please add armour penetration for ua attacks :p

pps: the more interesting case is vs a bear or something, where you can go down from it destroying like 1.5 ua blocks to only 1 with shield block.
_Gunnar's alt
Hervarth

Postby Kaios » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:46 pm

jorb wrote:Valhalla is useless, I get it, I get it.

It's cool but you've done better patches in a day... in my view.
Kaios

Postby storkie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:51 pm

so is this a single player thing? or is it another server all together how does it work
storkie

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:54 pm

It's cool, but, when do we get the crafter paradise where every available material, including silver and gold , are laid out in never-ending stockpiles around a central arena where we can build, craft and decorate to our hearts content ..... :D

Plus unicorns and rainbows .... :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby bmjclark » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:59 pm

MrBunzy wrote:So where is everyone...

What kind of sword is that you're using? =s
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby DaniAngione » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Amanda44 wrote:It's cool, but, when do we get the crafter paradise where every available material, including silver and gold , are laid out in never-ending stockpiles around a central arena where we can build, craft and decorate to our hearts content ..... :D

I approve!
The gods have made a world of beauty and blessed it with the dawn and the twilight so we can can pale before the wonders of their creations. That can only mean that the gods are also artisans, artists and lovers of the crafts. I'm sure they'd have an endless hearth where we could build, share and enjoy the good life forever.

Please, Jorb & Loftar! Make that happen too :3

PS:
I've just got into the game and was walking outside and for the first time I felt something that I've never felt - courage to die, instead of just fearing death. I've always been really cautious about my main on all worlds, I've always feared turning on every corner. But now something has changed - I was thinking "Damn, if I go I shall go with honor and feast in Valhalla!" I've never felt that in any game - the promise of something beyond death (in games with perma-death, of course). It's an incredible feeling. Thanks once again for another unique, incredible feeling from that great game <3
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements