Game Development: Valhalla Rising

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Valhalla Rising

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:36 am

Myrgard wrote: a type of ore which, if smelted has a small chance of turning into a iron nugget.

ftfy

lrn2wiki--Cat gold aka Pyrite, a sulfide of iron
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:09 am

MagicManICT wrote:lrn2wiki--Cat gold aka Pyrite, a sulfide of iron

Yeah, that'd be fine. Given how common ore like heavy earth is, making something like cat iron operate similarly would be perfectly acceptable. Even if someone sets at walls mining cat gold all day to smelt them they're still going to produce drastically less metal than someone who takes the time to find an actual ore vein.
TeckXKnight

Postby Bowshot125 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:23 am

Really want to see how big Great Hall is inside. Its chewing at me.
Bowshot125

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 am

Bowshot125 wrote:Really want to see how big Great Hall is inside. Its chewing at me.

A friend sent me a picture of it. I'll get permission to share it first and if I get the go ahead I'll send it to you/post it.
TeckXKnight

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:51 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:
Bowshot125 wrote:Really want to see how big Great Hall is inside. Its chewing at me.

A friend sent me a picture of it. I'll get permission to share it first and if I get the go ahead I'll send it to you/post it.

Someone already posted one. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41353&start=200#p569958
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby InfernoI » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:40 pm

Anyword from Jorbtar on more sausage and cooking recipes? Wild sheep meat is charisma, and so is wild cow meat but in legacy wild and tame cow meat gave con. There are also no chorizo recipes for chicken or cow meat, and no sheep perception sausage recipes. We need stuff. :|
InfernoI

Postby agweber » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:35 pm

blah blah unfair combat cooldown with animals

For someone who just started learning combat, it is extremely difficult. This delay is just going to make it even harder for those who haven't learned how things work and discourage them from even learning. There have been no decent combat guides (no offense Sevenless, you made a good attempt, but it doesn't explain it well enough. Took dying to ants a couple times for me to get it), and the UI for combat is atrocious for beginners. Adding even more hindrance via initial cooldown, whether intended or not, makes it painfully difficult.

blah blah cats gold

Is it just me or does the cats gold look like.. cat's skin?
agweber

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:37 pm

InfernoI wrote:Anyword from Jorbtar on more sausage and cooking recipes? Wild sheep meat is charisma, and so is wild cow meat but in legacy wild and tame cow meat gave con. There are also no chorizo recipes for chicken or cow meat, and no sheep perception sausage recipes. We need stuff. :|

There are cow sausages, there just aren't aurochsen sausages. Expect them in the future. Horses and badgers will probably get them eventually too.
TeckXKnight

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:36 am

so he said the 50+ int and 100k lp were the requirements right? so do i have to have both 50 int and 100k lp or just one of them?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby sabinati » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:45 am

The_Lich_King wrote:so he said the 50+ int and 100k lp were the requirements right? so do i have to have both 50 int and 100k lp or just one of them?

Both
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements