Game Development: Valhalla Rising

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Valhalla Rising

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:54 pm

SovietUnion wrote:Best.. Update.. Ever..

Btw. shouldn't only the fortunate ones that fall in glorious battle be worthy of Valhalla?

Arguably, but, well, meh. Drown an alt or kill an alt in faux-combat. Same same.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Clemence » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:00 pm

loftar wrote:
VDZ wrote:So to make sure, this is 50+ INT AND 100k+ LP?

It is.

" blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven ", well it match as this Valhall is some sort of eternal pvp hell.
Clemence

Postby Lambsauce » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:00 pm

jorb wrote:Image

Here's a color guide. Hope it helps. Updated OP with a link to it.

Aw hell yeah, finally a building with a wooden roof. Gooseberry Great Hall here I come
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of ass
Lambsauce

Postby DaniAngione » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:03 pm

jorb wrote:

Btw. shouldn't only the fortunate ones that fall in glorious battle be worthy of Valhalla?

Arguably, but, well, meh. Drown an alt or kill an alt in faux-combat. Same same.

Would it be possible to eventually find a midpoint, though? Or maybe remove the INT 50+ restriction? That's easy, for sure, but I guess it's pointless with the 100k LP restriction. My brother saw someone killing a nettle-dressed noob (he was almost that, too) and could've run - but decided to face to murderer and fight back when he attacked even though he knew he was stronger and he could've walked past in peace or teleported back to HF before.

Now he won't go to Valhalla because he had like 20 INT or something (around 110k LP though). I'm sure such an act of foolishness - yet also bravery - could be deemed worthy for the gods?

TL;DR: I think that death in combat + 100k LP would be a far better requirement - just my 5 cents though :P
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby banok » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:08 pm

jorb wrote:

Would be pretty badass if was only for people who died in pvp. people who die with such strong characters in pve or drowing/starvation should be mocked, not rewarded.
banok

Postby VDZ » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:22 pm

banok wrote:
jorb wrote:

Would be pretty badass if was only for people who died in pvp. people who die with such strong characters in pve or drowing/starvation should be mocked, not rewarded.

Death in combat with a bear or troll or similar mighty creature should definitely qualify you for Valhalla. Especially if you fell after slaying multiple bears, succumbing from the wounds you got from all encounters combined. Plus, you can drown in combat.
VDZ

Postby banok » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Ok guys I tested it, I have:
71 UA
32 MC

raise shield means x3 MC value so I effectively have 96 MC vs 71 UA

both my moves below took 1 hit from a fox, and as you can see the difference is fucken negliable. I knew delta stuff would make x3 means less, but wow. Still raise shield is a great move for its other properties, but the x3 thing doesn't seem to matter much at all :(

EDIT:

Gunnar (ty) did same test with 60 ua and 84 mc and

http://puu.sh/kwcHB/f07a39c240.png
http://puu.sh/kwcHw/6afacd6be2.png

can see his shield up bar is more full but yeah still pretty simular.
Last edited by banok on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banok

Postby RickyP602 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:24 pm

banok wrote:
jorb wrote:

Don't you guys get that it is effectively the same thing? Make an alt, drown an alt, have a friend kill your alt, kill your alt with an alt. whatever, Larp it how you will, but mechanically it is indeed the same thing.
Last edited by RickyP602 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickyP602

Postby banok » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:25 pm

VDZ wrote:
Death in combat with a bear or troll or similar mighty creature should definitely qualify you for Valhalla. Especially if you fell after slaying multiple bears, succumbing from the wounds you got from all encounters combined. Plus, you can drown in combat.

No because 99% of deaths to bears are gona be people being stooopid, not bravely 1v1 a bear. more like you didn't wall it in probably and died like a pussy. It should be there to mollycoddle people who got ganked, make them feel a bit better.

RickyP602 wrote:Don't you guys get that it is effectively the same thing? Make an alt, drown and alt, have a friend kill your alt, kill your alt with an alt. whatever, Larp it how you will, but mechanically it is indeed the same thing.

You are going to grind and throw away 200k LP just to play in valhalla? you will get there on your main anyway, great plan buddy.
banok

Postby chrisrock » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:28 pm

jorb wrote:

Here's a color guide. Hope it helps. Updated OP with a link to it.

that was fast. thank you!
chrisrock

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements