Game Development: Valhalla Rising

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Valhalla Rising

Postby LaserSaysPew » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:41 pm

Thx for the update. Wasn't sure about renewing my sub(ends tomorrow), this update helped me decide.
LaserSaysPew

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:43 pm

naosnule wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:It's cool, but, when do we get the crafter paradise where every available material, including silver and gold , are laid out in never-ending stockpiles around a central arena where we can build, craft and decorate to our hearts content ..... :D

Plus unicorns and rainbows .... :lol:

Well, if you can find a such place in Norse mythology, you have a good case, otherwise no.

Just as well I'm not asking you then ..... :)

VDZ wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Plus unicorns and rainbows .... :lol:

The unicorns will be hyper-aggressive (as well as stronger than bears and aggroing one leads to aggroing every one in the area), and the rainbows will be in the way everywhere and removing them would cause cave-ins.

:lol:

@ DaniAngione and nethack - first class replies there guys, thank you ... 8-) :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby stickman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:46 pm

loftar wrote:
Strandmullen wrote:I do think the delta cap needs some kind of overhaul because of the possibility for someone with huge stats to get slaughtered by alts with very little effort put into them.

There may well be a case to be made, and we may still change it. We're just not sure yet. There are also several possible ways to change it, and we'd have to choose among them.

It should be noted, however, that there's no actual "cap" -- having better stats always improve the delta. It just has very harshly diminishing returns.

I think people are not upset about the high end delta caps but rather the low end one. Specifically attacks taking off 55% of your defense no matter how weak they are.
stickman

Postby naosnule » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:50 pm

nethack wrote:
naosnule wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:It's cool, but, when do we get the crafter paradise where every available material, including silver and gold , are laid out in never-ending stockpiles around a central arena where we can build, craft and decorate to our hearts content ..... :D

Plus unicorns and rainbows .... :lol:

Well, if you can find a such place in Norse mythology, you have a good case, otherwise no.

Unicorns and rainbows are up for debate. I'll grant you that. But "crafting every avalaible metal, including silver and gold", not a Norse mythology thing ? Bitch please.
From : "Iron Age Myth and Materiality: An Archaeology of Scandinavia AD 400-1000", page 151

pic

Edit : page 151 actually

I am too tired to read, but I am assuming you found a good passage describing a such place in the mythology, in which case I would totally support a such implementation :).

My knowledge about Norse mythology is limited since, well, I haven't read about in 10 years ^^? I remembered as much that fallen warriors drank "mjöd" in Valhalla. I just would like hafen to keep steering in Norse direction, specially now that great warriors are being honored in a form of Valhalla.
naosnule

Postby nethack » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:57 pm

naosnule wrote:I am too tired to read, but I am assuming you found a good passage describing a such place in the mythology, in which case I would totally support a such implementation :).

My knowledge about Norse mythology is limited since, well, I haven't read about in 10 years ^^? I remembered as much that fallen warriors drank "mjöd" in Valhalla. I just would like hafen to keep steering in Norse direction, specially now that great warriors are being honored in a form of Valhalla.

Not just "a place". :D

I found a passage where motherfucking Asgard, the most important place in Norse mythology (which include Valhalla by the way) is described just as what Amanda was mentionning : a "crafter's paradise where every metals avalaible including silver and gold were crafted". ;)
nethack

Postby Clemence » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 pm

DaniAngione wrote:

That can only mean that the gods are also artisans, artists and lovers of the crafts. I'm sure they'd have an endless hearth where we could build, share and enjoy the good life forever.

Please, Jorb & Loftar! Make that happen too :3

Like Freemason paradise? in H&H ? :?
Clemence

Postby Strandmullen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:32 pm

I just noticed I get a cooldown at the start of combat against animals no matter if I or it initiated combat, whilst it doesn't get the cooldown.
It seems really unfair. Is this intended behavior?
Strandmullen

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:38 pm

Animals have been cheated enough from pathfinding and cliffs/stockpiles. They're fighting back.
DDDsDD999

Postby Strandmullen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:45 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Animals have been cheated enough from pathfinding and cliffs/stockpiles. They're fighting back.

I agree they should not be as easily killable as they currently are, but I don't think this is a good way of doing it. This just means you will get your ass kicked if you happen to initiate combat to an animal if you're standing a little too close to it. It really has nothing to do with the actual fight.
Strandmullen

Postby VDZ » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:27 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Animals have been cheated enough from pathfinding and cliffs/stockpiles. They're fighting back.

Except the cooldown doesn't do anything if you're blocking their pathfinding, while it screws you over if you fight them legitimately. They're not fighting back, they're taking out their anger on innocent players.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements