Game Development: Bugskatchewan

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bugskatchewan

Postby loftar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:37 am

CaptainMidget wrote:I strongly disagree with the barley changes. My field could make ~71 Pumpkin Pies. Now it can make ~355.

You've dropped the amount needed way to low, I know I complained about the Barley being way too much, It should be 15 seeds. 5 is ridiculous.

Other then that, nice update.

Well, it's still less output per tile of barley than in Legacy.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby CaptainMidget » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:41 am

loftar wrote:
CaptainMidget wrote:I strongly disagree with the barley changes. My field could make ~71 Pumpkin Pies. Now it can make ~355.

You've dropped the amount needed way to low, I know I complained about the Barley being way too much, It should be 15 seeds. 5 is ridiculous.

I just feel you guys are practically handing shit to us now. The challenge vs reward was one of the main reasons I play this game. Now we can get by with a small Barley Fields? Seems like little to no effort to feed ourselves with baked goods now. You've made everything too easy.

Dont get me wrong, 25 seeds was way to much.. 5 seeds? Thats a ridiculous small amount for food that can give you 10+ fep points.
CaptainMidget

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 am

CaptainMidget wrote:
loftar wrote:

I just feel you guys are practically handing shit to us now. The challenge vs reward was one of the main reasons I play this game. Now we can get by with a small Barley Fields? Seems like little to no effort to feed ourselves with baked goods now. You've made everything too easy.

Dont get me wrong, 25 seeds was way to much.. 5 seeds? Thats a ridiculous small amount for food that can give you 10+ fep points.

are you impossible to please? Someone has to bitch about everything in this game. Let a good thing be. The devs get bitched at about not enough barley now they are getting bitched at about too much. Leave it be.
RickyP602

Postby CaptainMidget » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:48 am

I dont think you are understanding what I am trying to say Ricky. Have you done farming or made baked goods before? This isnt a good thing. Its a ridiculous OP thing. Baked goods will now be way to easy to spam. I am easily pleased by everything this game does, but not when they take away the effort vs reward.
CaptainMidget

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:49 am

CaptainMidget wrote:I dont think you are understanding what I am trying to say Ricky. Have you done farming or made baked goods before? This isnt a good thing. Its a ridiculous OP thing. Baked goods will now be way to easy to spam. I am easily pleased by everything this game does, but not when they take away the effort vs reward.

Food is easy to get, it's balancing food vs hunger, and like Loftar said it's still less than legacy. If you want to shove 100 pies down your gullet then do it.
RickyP602

Postby Garfy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:50 am

CaptainMidget wrote:I dont think you are understanding what I am trying to say Ricky. Have you done farming or made baked goods before? This isnt a good thing. Its a ridiculous OP thing. Baked goods will now be way to easy to spam. I am easily pleased by everything this game does, but not when they take away the effort vs reward.

You should be a farmer in a village and try to feed more than one person. When you need a 100x100 barley field just to feed 10 people, there are issues.
Garfy

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:52 am

I'm forced to agree, given the output of fields before vs. after, that this has gone the way of the redonkulous. While realism is rarely a good argument, It only requires two tiles of barley to produce 1kg of barley flour, which is *half* what it should be on period farming practices.

Now, the production per tile is nearly triple what it is with modern farming methods (based on one sq meter of barley with modern strains, cultivation, pest control, and fertilizing methods).

That is, IMO, a bit extreme. 14/15 seeds would at least have kept it at one seed per tile.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:52 am

Really the only difference is not "work" it's space and tedium, not any work/vs reward thing. Someone will always bitch about everything though. Can't please everyone.
RickyP602

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:53 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:

I'm forced to agree, given the output of fields before vs. after, that this has gone the way of the redonkulous. While realism is rarely a good argument, It only requires two tiles of barley to produce 1kg of barley flour, which is *half* what it should be on period farming practices.

Now, the production per tile is nearly triple what it is with modern farming methods (based on one sq meter of barley with modern strains, cultivation, pest control, and fertilizing methods).

That is, IMO, a bit extreme. 14/15 seeds would at least have kept it at one seed per tile.

Who the hell cares about how many tiles*, do you even know how big a tile is in the game as vs real life? It's a damned game, not a farming simulator.
RickyP602

Postby Pupsi » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:56 am

wowowowowo
FINALLY
I have it from birth
w5 Hermit>Road Ville>Horde>RQ
w6 The Sparta
w7 Isla de la tortuga>A.D>CookieVille (not sure if it was w7 or w6)
w8 Amish Paradise
w9 Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe (until april 2017)
w11 Funcy Huts
w12 :P
Pupsi

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements