Game Development: Bugapalooza

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bugapalooza

Postby cinxodr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:05 am

jorb wrote:I agree that it should be possible to make cliffs, but as it was it was an unintended behavior, quite simply.

Thanks for clarification. Looking forward for reimplementing of this feature in future. %)
cinxodr

Postby spectacle » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:29 pm

loftar wrote:
Usernm wrote:I digging in my cave and mark stable tiles with this flags. Now i can't do it at all.

Well, you could just do it with stone stockpiles. Those don't tend to be in short supply while mining.

Stone stockpiles have hitboxes and block movement though. You can pave the cave, but that will reduce the future yield of important products like glimmermoss, cavebulbs and bats. Maybe add a survey skill that lets you place more surveys, to limit this kind of alt-based griefing?

Or have a craftable flag marker that can be placed on tiles and picked up again, with no hitbox?
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby Apillion » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Or flags that only you can see ? Let them grieffers grief only themself.
Apillion

Postby ramones » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Or implement a chalk with which you can mark x on tiles, not changing their "terrain" and it lasts for lets say 2-3 days. You can erase it with 0.1L of water if you do a mistake. :)
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Apillion » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:41 pm

ramones wrote:Or implement a chalk with which you can mark x on tiles, not changing their "terrain" and it lasts for lets say 2-3 days. You can erase it with 0.1L of water if you do a mistake. :)

Nooo! Need more inventory space.

Edit: and can't be used on water to mark my 50/50/50 water
Apillion

Postby Procne » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Or maybe, you know, stop being cheap asses and just build those supports, or accept consequences of mining without supports.
Land surveys were introduced to nmake flattening easier, not as a free marking tool
Procne

Postby Gacrux » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Procne wrote:Or maybe, you know, stop being cheap asses and just build those supports, or accept consequences of mining without supports.
Land surveys were introduced to nmake flattening easier, not as a free marking tool

+1 you
Gacrux

Postby Grable » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:40 pm

They could implement a toggle to show areas covered by mine supports, bee hives and so on. I think this was suggested like a million times already...
Grable

Postby spectacle » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Procne wrote:Or maybe, you know, stop being cheap asses and just build those supports, or accept consequences of mining without supports.

And the difference between stable and unstable tiles was introduced to make mining without supports possible. But lets just ignore that and pretend that building supports is the only way to mine without getting a boulder in your face.
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby Procne » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:58 pm

spectacle wrote:

And the difference between stable and unstable tiles was introduced to make mining without supports possible. But lets just ignore that and pretend that building supports is the only way to mine without getting a boulder in your face.

It is still possible and we're not forgetting that. But it wasn't supposed to substitute support mining. Exploratory mining, or getting first ore for first metal bars, without supports is easily doable. If needed you can mark tiles with pavement. But when you start mining out metal veins you should use supports. I understand you don't want paving the floor because it makes foragables stop spawning. Well, I think you want too much.
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements