Game Development: Bugapalooza

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bugapalooza

Postby lordrio » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:22 am

sabinati wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:I have a problem with one 'fix' you've done.

You made Flax obsolete with this, with the faster growing time of hemp and the multiple outputs, there's no reason to grow flax.

In my (admittedly often unpopular) opinion, things like Lawspeaker's Robes and other 'fine garments' should require the longer growing and harder to quality grind flax. Additionally, the appearance should be altered by the cloth used in those things that can use either (like wagons).

Make Flax and Hemp independently useful, rather than just 'generalizing' cloth.

banners still need linen

Banner uses general cloth ever since hemp cloth is introduced.

Flax is still viable since flax cloth need 5, but hemp cloth need 6. Not quite sure the growth speed difference between those two tho.
lordrio

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:23 am

The linen clothes still use linen cloth.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby rye130 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:33 am

Could you look into fixing banners decaying on full authed villages by Wednesdays update by chance? I don't want to have to repair :(
rye130

Postby Apillion » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:37 am

Thank you so much for "hopefully" fixing the cliff bug.

However I will not test if it is actually working now sorry.
Apillion

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:37 am

rye130 wrote:Could you look into fixing banners decaying on full authed villages by Wednesdays update by chance? I don't want to have to repair :(

That was fixed in this patch, doe. If they decayed before that you will naturally have to repair them.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 am

jorb wrote:
shubla wrote:basically useless

Much like yourself.

The fixes may seem small or inconsequential, but several of them took a decent while to identify, test, and fix, regardless of their scope.

Some of those fixes potential save characters too. I wouldn't take bug fix patches lightly. They are very important, if not all that exciting as far as content goes.
RickyP602

Postby rye130 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:15 am

jorb wrote:
rye130 wrote:Could you look into fixing banners decaying on full authed villages by Wednesdays update by chance? I don't want to have to repair :(

That was fixed in this patch, doe. If they decayed before that you will naturally have to repair them.

Oh wow, I completely overlooked that. Best part of this patch happened a week ago!
rye130

Postby Apillion » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:24 am

RickyP602 wrote:
jorb wrote:
shubla wrote:basically useless

Much like yourself.

The fixes may seem small or inconsequential, but several of them took a decent while to identify, test, and fix, regardless of their scope.

Some of those fixes potential save characters too. I wouldn't take bug fix patches lightly. They are very important, if not all that exciting as far as content goes.

Agreed no point in having content if it's not working properly.
Apillion

Postby cinxodr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:53 am

Turtlesir wrote:
venatorvenator wrote:
This should have fixed the previous ability to create ridges as well.

And we can't create cliffs anymore? Why are you removing features instead of adding more?

+1
Cliff-making was the key interesting part of terraforming and now it losing its sense. ((

More of that - now you can remove cliffs, but cant make them, so it can lead to one-sided unrepairable terrain alteration..
cinxodr

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:56 am

I agree that it should be possible to make cliffs, but as it was it was an unintended behavior, quite simply.

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements