Game Development: Bugapalooza

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bugapalooza

Postby CaptainMidget » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:16 am

RickyP602 wrote:
CaptainMidget wrote:
This still confuses me as ive heard nothing about it.. So I can summon anyone from a wagon if I have their scent and even though they fall out of the wagon, the person will still be next to me?

It's in the patch notes and talked about. If someone is in a wagon, and you have a summon able scent for them, you can use the scent on the wagon to make them pop out of it.

Oh, I understand it now since you put it that way. I had it in my head that you could summon someone across the map if you have their scent by using the wagon.. haha. Cheers Ricky.
CaptainMidget

Postby rye130 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:23 am

jorb wrote:Fixed a bug with female hair bleeding through farmer's hat.

MFW

rye130

Postby Kearn » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:32 am

jorb wrote:[*] Wagon, Chef's hat, Ashen Robe, Vapntreyiu, Ranger's Shirt, Pants & Cape, Lawspeaker's Hat & Robe, Bandit's Mask and Carpet, Primitive Casting Rod, now require cloth instead of linen cloth.

life complete
Kearn

Postby Granger » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:57 am

loftar wrote:
Usernm wrote:I digging in my cave and mark stable tiles with this flags. Now i can't do it at all.

Well, you could just do it with stone stockpiles. Those don't tend to be in short supply while mining.

Which will work nicely, since you can walk through them.

Not.

This is a bad fix for a griefing problem, taking away the minesweeper minigame.
Better IMHO would have been to take the time to find out who does the bot-supported griefing and salt their land with another meteor impact.
Or - less harsh - give all their toons a plague (eating SHP like leeches, not eat HHP but knocking them out from time to time) lasting some days, which should do as a wakeup-call.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby gad234 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:08 am

loftar wrote:
Usernm wrote:I digging in my cave and mark stable tiles with this flags. Now i can't do it at all.

Well, you could just do it with stone stockpiles. Those don't tend to be in short supply while mining.

i can't walk over stokpiles. may be time limit wil be better way? 1 flag per minute? or 2 minute?
gad234

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:13 am

I have a problem with one 'fix' you've done.

You made Flax obsolete with this, with the faster growing time of hemp and the multiple outputs, there's no reason to grow flax.

In my (admittedly often unpopular) opinion, things like Lawspeaker's Robes and other 'fine garments' should require the longer growing and harder to quality grind flax. Additionally, the appearance should be altered by the cloth used in those things that can use either (like wagons).

Make Flax and Hemp independently useful, rather than just 'generalizing' cloth.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby sabinati » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:22 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I have a problem with one 'fix' you've done.

You made Flax obsolete with this, with the faster growing time of hemp and the multiple outputs, there's no reason to grow flax.

In my (admittedly often unpopular) opinion, things like Lawspeaker's Robes and other 'fine garments' should require the longer growing and harder to quality grind flax. Additionally, the appearance should be altered by the cloth used in those things that can use either (like wagons).

banners still need linen
sabinati

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:52 am

sabinati wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I have a problem with one 'fix' you've done.

banners still need linen

I definitely used hemp cloth for a banner.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby VDZ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:56 am

It is rumored that hemp grows faster than flax, making flax obsolete.
-Ring of Brodgar wiki, ever since April 2010

Flax being technically inferior never stopped people from planting it in previous worlds.
VDZ

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:58 am

Audiosmurf wrote:I definitely used hemp cloth for a banner.

Thank you for the double confirmation, but you might think I checked this shit before commenting.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements