Game Development: Cuck-Hombre

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cuck-Hombre

Postby warrri » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 am

Am i reading this right. You took the food livestock ate per day and multiplied it by 7?
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 am

I learned Jorb may overdo things. :D
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Sevenless » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 am

loftar wrote:
CaptainMidget wrote:Loftar, how long before we can use inspect on a Trellis to see the crops QL?

I am extremely strongly considering disabling inspection on crops in general, if anything, since it makes crop planting a fair bit retarded.

It does, but please pair this with some method to direct crop growth so we keep the "guided RNG" feeling of farming.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:06 am

warrri wrote:Am i reading this right. You took the food livestock ate per day and multiplied it by 7?

We reduced it relative how it was in Legacy. Of course crops were faster there, so perhaps this is much. Idk.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Vertine » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:07 am

jorb wrote:
warrri wrote:Am i reading this right. You took the food livestock ate per day and multiplied it by 7?

We reduced it relative how it was in Legacy. Of course crops were faster there, so perhaps this is much. Idk.

correct statement, this is insane
Vertine

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:09 am

Vertine wrote:correct statement, this is insane

It was insane, that much is certain. What would be reasonable?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DarkHPG » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:09 am

So having four pregnant cows, three pregnant pigs and three pregnant sheep would equate to, 1500 fodder daily.. Which if using beetroots (since I haven't determined if lettuce will raise quality fast enough, I think it might) which produces 3 fodder per tile, is 500 tiles, for a pretty small amount of animals.. I don't know, I do agree it was too low before, but 150 fodder a day per animal is a little steep.. I think 90 would be fair.. Since then 2k fodder daily could field 22 pregnant females.. Which is 7 of each type. Which is what most small villages I would think would want at any one time to raise quality.. To keep all facilities running.

I dunno, guess we'll see how much time it takes me to field 10 pregnant of each type at a time, which is what I plan to do, though I did far more in haven and feel like they ate less, maybe it was just the pickup bots being pickup bots making it seem easier lol.

Edit: Though beetroots produced three leaves then so that might have also made it seem easier.
Last edited by DarkHPG on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkHPG

Postby warrri » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:10 am

jorb wrote:

The problem is, without any announcement at all, people have no time to adjust their field sizes. Even if i had the time and willpower to feed the cows i have now, i couldnt because i lack the crops and before i expand them they will starve or at least take significant damage. Meh :/
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Vertine » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:13 am

If animals are generally going to be better at improving quality now, then there's less incentive to have multiple adult females of the same animal, but I've used up as much farmland as I can in my village to keep my animals fed as it was before, and I'm kind of at a loss on how to deal with such a radical shift, other than kill almost all my animals.
Vertine

Postby COOKINGPAPA » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:13 am

must septuplet :)
COOKINGPAPA

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements