Game Development: Cuck-Hombre

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cuck-Hombre

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:17 am

warrri wrote:The problem is, without any announcement at all, people have no time to adjust their field sizes. Even if i had the time and willpower to feed the cows i have now, i couldnt because i lack the crops and before i expand them they will starve or at least take significant damage. Meh :/

QQ me a river.

We're restarting to implement this change more gradually. We'll start with one third of the values suggested by the update post. Updating OP.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DarkHPG » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:22 am

If lettuce grows fast enough to stay above animal quality, and dumping whole heads into trough counts as 5 fodder, I could see the value working. If they don't however, being limited by the number of leaves beetroots drop is going to make it a lot harder for farmers. So hopefully lettuce works lol
DarkHPG

Postby Vigilance » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:22 am

this update made me re-sub my miner. :ugeek:
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby h3retostay » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:22 am

jorb wrote:
warrri wrote:The problem is, without any announcement at all, people have no time to adjust their field sizes. Even if i had the time and willpower to feed the cows i have now, i couldnt because i lack the crops and before i expand them they will starve or at least take significant damage. Meh :/

QQ me a river.

We're restarting to implement this change more gradually. We'll start with one third of the values suggested by the update post. Updating OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzHV0x0jbmg&t=19
h3retostay

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:23 am

MORE POWER TO THE BOTTERS.
MORE GRIND TO THE NON-BOTTERS.

DORITOS CONFIRMED WRITES BOTS.
JORB CONFIRMED DORITO.

Robben_DuMarsch

Postby tempwad » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:23 am

jorb wrote:

QQ me a river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
trapped? masturbate.
tempwad

Postby Chiprel2 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:24 am

Jorb. I'm hermit. I have 6 pregnant cows. 1 pregnant pig, 3 pregnant sheeps. Now I had to do like 6 hours to take care of those animals weekly(planting/filling throughs). If you are going to change it so much. I'll have to spend 6h DAILY to just feed those animals. If thats not overkill..
+ the ammount of land i would have to claim to be able to farm/feed em.
Last edited by Chiprel2 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chiprel2

Postby rye130 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:24 am

loftar wrote:I am extremely strongly considering disabling inspection on crops in general, if anything, since it makes crop planting a fair bit retarded.

Being able to inspect is the only reason I've been able to stand the changes to the farming system. If you're going to remove inspecting, allow us to more easily control our batches of crops (maybe take a look at this).
rye130

Postby Astarisk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:25 am

Farming is such a pain in the ass as is, the crop fields lag me too much, and trying to increase farming on 3 fps just to feed all my animals would make me just rage quit, or get around to automating it.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Morningstar131 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:26 am

jorb wrote:[*] Mineral qualities were calculated suboptimally. They should now be improved, which means you should probably be finding more of them.

Does this mean we will find more quality nodes while mining then?
Morningstar131

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements