Game Development: Cuck-Hombre

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cuck-Hombre

Postby LadyV » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:16 am

Cucumbers traditionally only need trellis if the soil is to wet or the soil is hosting an infectious disease and you wish to raise them above it. The quality is not affected by laying on soil at all. Yes you may get more produce from a trellis system but its not as significant as one may think. As i originally mentioned they can help but are not needed. :)
LadyV

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:32 am

LadyV wrote:Cucumbers traditionally only need trellis if the soil is to wet or the soil is hosting an infectious disease and you wish to raise them above it. The quality is not affected by laying on soil at all. Yes you may get more produce from a trellis system but its not as significant as one may think. As i originally mentioned they can help but are not needed. :)

well, im pretty sure our different climate (very humid with typhoons) here matters, and quite possibly the species of cucumbers too. (im not very fond of those soft fat cucumbers.) i had talked to another farmer who is my relative also told me she would never grow cucumbers without trellis, cant easily yield quality ones (she said tons of difference here) without straws and straws attract too many bugs when you never want to use chemicals or pesticides - but im not sure if her story is legit enough to confirm. im sure there should be proper ways or species or area or climate or whatever different conditions to grow them better without trellis, as those of you confirmed, but farmers in my town dont seem to be interested.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Gunner53 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:11 pm

"So, basically, for the remainder of this world, we will be rocking some pretty high baseline quality minerals, which shall certainly prove to be most interesting.

Also we will be doing backups before pushing patches from now on. Sorry about that!"

So I don't spend much time in the forums really, but I was kinda under the impression that now we were paying for the game the world would not be resetting anymore......So before I sub again I want to clear this up for myself; Is this world going to be wiped again? I am all for helping in development, but not a monthly fee to get my work bombed at a unspecified time. That is not very ethical in my opinion (which no one was asking for).
Gunner53

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Gunner53 wrote:So I don't spend much time in the forums really, but I was kinda under the impression that now we were paying for the game the world would not be resetting anymore......So before I sub again I want to clear this up for myself; Is this world going to be wiped again? I am all for helping in development, but not a monthly fee to get my work bombed at a unspecified time. That is not very ethical in my opinion (which no one was asking for).

I can almost guarantee you that there will be a reset again at some point, though we know not when. Our ambition is to build a game that doesn't need resets, but we certainly aren't there yet, and we still have ambitions for the map generator. You will note that our mission status in the about page remains unchanged from previous iterations.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Gunner53 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:21 pm

jorb wrote:
Gunner53 wrote:So I don't spend much time in the forums really, but I was kinda under the impression that now we were paying for the game the world would not be resetting anymore......So before I sub again I want to clear this up for myself; Is this world going to be wiped again? I am all for helping in development, but not a monthly fee to get my work bombed at a unspecified time. That is not very ethical in my opinion (which no one was asking for).

I can almost guarantee you that there will be a reset again at some point, though we know not when. Our ambition is to build a game that doesn't need resets, but we certainly aren't there yet, and we still have ambitions for the map generator. You will note that our mission status in the about page remains unchanged from previous iterations.

I am certainly not saying that you guys are pulling a fast one, I do enjoy your game and I have for the last 5 years. I just will not be paying a monthly fee and investing so much time into something that will be wiped. It was my own misunderstanding probably. You guys are doing great, but this will be something I do a bit more leisurely from here on out I think. Thanks for clearing that up.
Gunner53

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Gunner53 wrote:I am certainly not saying that you guys are pulling a fast one, I do enjoy your game and I have for the last 5 years. I just will not be paying a monthly fee and investing so much time into something that will be wiped. It was my own misunderstanding probably. You guys are doing great, but this will be something I do a bit more leisurely from here on out I think. Thanks for clearing that up.

No worries! Better for everyone if we are all clear on what we are doing here.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby WarpedWiseMan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:29 am

I don't know how all this played out, but my suggestion would have been to create a start up kit with a random ore type at a random great quality.

Of course, I'm brilliant.
btaylor wrote:I have learned that the game doesn't follow the principles of mathematics. If you want something and the game is in a good mood you can get it, whatever it is. More often than not, however, the game wants you to die.

WarpedWiseMan

Postby Kaios » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Remembering the past:

dchow003 wrote:3 day rollback is harsh x.x

bmjclark wrote:Please god just go back to the old formula. I've been mining out a living space on l1 for the past 3 days i will fucking kill myself.

venatorvenator wrote:Monday rollback is a pretty bad option.

DaniAngione wrote:Anything but a rollback...

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:So many of us have done huge ass projects in the past 3 days.
Fuck rolling back, I would rather have a new world or the broken ore.

Reyajh wrote:Rollback to monday is your worst option imo. Too far back.

dchow003 wrote:This, 3 days is too harsh of a rollback, especially in a game like haven

Kisegach wrote:If it will be rollback to Monday, i will cry a river.

MightySheep wrote:Ive done fuck all in the past 3 days but I dont want to see playercount drop of rollback

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:NB/R'Lyeh join together as besties in unified push for new world and no rollback.

higherark wrote:Rollbacks are really discouraging. Even more so than full wipes but thats just me.

overtyped wrote:tbh i wouldnt mind a new world, 3 day rollback is terrible.

CMDR_Salient wrote:I'd rather all ore get wiped than see a rollback.

bmjclark wrote:Haven, the only game i'd rather lose everything than 3 days of work. But really though, just bring the old formula back imo. Rollback sucks, leaving shit as it is now is worse.

Thanks, you're all heroes.
Kaios

Postby sabinati » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 pm

get over it
sabinati

Previous

Return to Announcements