Game Development: Dem Feels

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dem Feels

Postby Grable » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:32 am

RIP muh unarmed, getting the nerfs but none of the deserved buffs yet...

Also, spears/javelins were historically almost always used with a shield. It's pikes that were used two handed. But yeah, spears were often thrown before coming into melee range, and then they pulled out their swords, axes or whatever.
Grable

Postby spectacle » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 am

Grable wrote:RIP muh unarmed, getting the nerfs but none of the deserved buffs yet...

Also, spears/javelins were historically almost always used with a shield. It's pikes that were used two handed. But yeah, spears were often thrown before coming into melee range, and then they pulled out their swords, axes or whatever.

What Jorb gave us is a boar spear though, that's a hunting weapon made for 2 handed use, since in real life a shield won't to much to stop 100kg of boar charging at your crotch.
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby Grable » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am

spectacle wrote:
Grable wrote:RIP muh unarmed, getting the nerfs but none of the deserved buffs yet...

What Jorb gave us is a boar spear though, that's a hunting weapon made for 2 handed use, since in real life a shield won't to much to stop 100kg of boar charging at your crotch.

Ah right Boar Spear, missed the name.
Grable

Postby Drevar » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:28 am

Need a move called Set Spear, which would basically be a reflect damage move similar to the boar's own. How you would make it work only against specific attacks or from specific opponents...dunno, heh.

*edit* Guess it could be a Red only defense that prevents the user from attacking while it is up, or is instantly cancelled if the user attacks. Meant to punish big Oppressive moves.
Drevar

Postby donatas » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:17 am

Jorb & Lofter don't chnage too much. Keep the game as it is with MINOR chnages and DON'T become a fuck up like runescape and the jagex the fuck up team. Quests and other crap started all that and grachical updates.
donatas

Postby Marksman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Few questions:
Is Spear thrown damage scaled by strength?
Is Spears will randomly disappear like arrows?
Marksman

Postby ArvinJA » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:39 pm

jorb wrote:Added support for emotes, and six of them.

:act idle heil
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby Teleskop » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:35 pm

is the spear any better than bow? 8-)
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Badich » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:41 pm

4 UA is less useful now + nerf punch = no balance
5 Need time for test
6 Imbalance nerfed = good

Again decorations. No works for important things like Trade, Teleporting, Siege
But still happy with new update, always pleasure to see that you are working and it didn't kill my characters and village
London is the capital of Great Britain
Badich

Postby maze » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Badich wrote:Image
4 UA is less useful now + nerf punch = no balance
5 Need time for test
6 Imbalance nerfed = good

Again decorations. No works for important things like Trade, Teleporting, Siege
But still happy with new update, always pleasure to see that you are working and it didn't kill my characters and village

UA is powerful. the nerf to weapons is to make it easyer for UA to defend- the next UA update when J&L figure out the system, will be UA doing armor pen.
trade & siege is both active and the large project J&L are working on atm, trade is likely the next update.
It's just likly that they are trying to do internal testing before letting out such a big patch('s).

A lot of people have slowed down progress mainly cuz people keep backing J&L to do their own testing, when we are selfs are the testers....the backlash is unreal.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements