Game Development: Dem Feels

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dem Feels

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:18 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boar_spear

"The boar spear also became popular as a weapon of war, since the lugs can also be used to hook shields out of the way during combat"

A hint of things to come?...

As for ua vs mc, I think I will be running pure mc decks on my characters for a while... but I still need sting, fml!

Edit: I still think its odd to have a 2H thrown weapon, tbh. Probably would be better to implement javelins as well... The boar spear would not be very aerodynamic. I still think its a cool update that totally changes all my decks.
_Gunnar

Postby Badich » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:37 pm

maze wrote:UA is powerful. the nerf to weapons is to make it easyer for UA to defend- the next UA update when J&L figure out the system, will be UA doing armor pen.
trade & siege is both active and the large project J&L are working on atm, trade is likely the next update.
It's just likly that they are trying to do internal testing before letting out such a big patch('s).

A lot of people have slowed down progress mainly cuz people keep backing J&L to do their own testing, when we are selfs are the testers....the backlash is unreal.

At this moment UA (=punch) is useful for removing blocks. My shield 3x more useful than other UA blocks. End of story.
Penetration is future (possible) then we'll talk.
London is the capital of Great Britain
Badich

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Badich wrote:My shield 3x more useful than other UA blocks

Dont you mean approx. 1.44x? :P
(Haven mathematics best mathematics)
_Gunnar

Postby Badich » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:48 pm

_Gunnar wrote:
Badich wrote:My shield 3x more useful than other UA blocks

Dont you mean approx. 1.44x? :P
(Haven mathematics best mathematics)

Yes, actually I didn't count exactly. 3x is more accessibly.
London is the capital of Great Britain
Badich

Postby Potjeh » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Seriously, can you let us use shield with spear at the penalty of increased cooldowns or reduced weights for spear-using cards? It'd make sense to use it two-handed if your primary focus is UA, but would still be usable by MC-focused characters.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby venatorvenator » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Potjeh wrote:Seriously, can you let us use shield with spear at the penalty of increased cooldowns or reduced weights for spear-using cards? It'd make sense to use it two-handed if your primary focus is UA, but would still be usable by MC-focused characters.

Or you could give some personality for spear combat, giving them an exclusive move with very low cool down, or increasing their damage?
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Potjeh » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:42 pm

That'd be cool, but not really related to what I'm getting at - I want to use a spear with m 5UA :(
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Potjeh wrote:That'd be cool, but not really related to what I'm getting at - I want to use a spear with m 5UA :(

Well I think 1H spears would be cool, as I already said it seems odd we can throw this boar spear..
But I think venator is saying that there should be spear-specific mc-based blocks, like we have parry for swords, maybe something like "Fend" that causes enemy attacks to cost more ip or something outrageous like that
_Gunnar

Postby MusicWarrior » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Jorb, could we have something to switch quickly what we use in hads? Would be cool to walk with spear, throw it and then quickly wear a sword or something like this. What you think about dual-wielding? Maybe consider doing some moves which use 2 swords instead of one?
jorb wrote:We value our customers greatly.

jorb wrote:Kindly fuck off.

Have a good day. :)
MusicWarrior

Postby Potjeh » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Inb4 Storm of Swords killing people in sparring ¦]
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements