Game Development: A Touch of Fix

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Touch of Fix

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:22 pm

I'm not convinced that damage in combat is that silly. Its certainly better than in legacy, imo... It took quite a while for a titan to beat me silly in standing in a spar; my armour broke first! (was the day before this patch :)) if I had been running and just putting up blocks instead of attacking I would have been able to get away almost certainly.

Edit: The other thing about nerfing damage is that it hugely diminishes the possibility of surprises in combat. I understand that 1v1 probably doesn't matter so much to people with larger groups but it would be nice to keep it in mind, its silly now and with lower damage would be even sillier.
Last edited by _Gunnar on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Gunnar

Postby abt79 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:29 pm

jorb wrote:

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • For our main event we had hoped to get barter stands in tonight, but we only got half-way. Expect them next patch.

Enjoy!

I'm curious to see how barter stands will work.

Will we put in a few items and then have to "request" items in return, or will all items will be assigned some point value?

If we do have to request specific items, how specific could the requests be? Just "My 46/81/34 boar hide for 5 cloth" or truly specific items and minimum quality values, like"My 46/81/34 boar hide for five 30+/30+/30+ Silk Cloth"?
If items are assigned a point value, how will quality play into it, and what if someone buys all your gold nuggets for hundreds of low q branches?

It can only be better than the legacy coin system, but it's either going to have to be super complicated or super broken, at least how I see it.
abt79

Postby Kaios » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:51 pm

_Gunnar wrote:I'm not convinced that damage in combat is that silly. Its certainly better than in legacy, imo... It took quite a while for a titan to beat me silly in standing in a spar; my armour broke first! (was the day before this patch :)) if I had been running and just putting up blocks instead of attacking I would have been able to get away almost certainly.

That's another issue though man, it's far too easy to spam a single defense and doing so can make certain players completely unable to kill you for as long as you keep doing that depending on their stats. You can run away and spam and probably never die in some cases, though obviously it becomes more difficult when you try to be offensive as well.
Kaios

Postby Archiplex » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Kaios wrote:
_Gunnar wrote:I'm not convinced that damage in combat is that silly. Its certainly better than in legacy, imo... It took quite a while for a titan to beat me silly in standing in a spar; my armour broke first! (was the day before this patch :)) if I had been running and just putting up blocks instead of attacking I would have been able to get away almost certainly.

That's another issue though man, it's far too easy to spam a single defense and doing so can make certain players completely unable to kill you for as long as you keep doing that depending on their stats. You can run away and spam and probably never die in some cases, though obviously it becomes more difficult when you try to be offensive as well.

I think the issue here is not the fact that you can spam a single defense, but rather the lack of attacks in other colors currently.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Kaios » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Archiplex wrote:I think the issue here is not the fact that you can spam a single defense, but rather the lack of attacks in other colors currently.

Yes I can agree with that
Kaios

Postby Kelody » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:02 am

Zeler wrote:For the love of god, why eggs?!

What do people use eggs for? I have so many crap ones I can't use them all. A good 8/10 are negative, and 1/2 have a -4 or -5.
Kelody

Postby sabinati » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:14 am

chicken salad, meat pies, some dyes, uh, pancakes, i guess
sabinati

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:34 am

Kaios wrote:

I think being able to run away is essential for a healthy system (wrt 1v1s) - you don't really want titans to be going around killing whoever they want i think... You shouldnt be at much risk of dying unless you overextend offensively imo, but if you do you should die pretty fast, which is why I favour higher damage than you guys are suggesting. One thing that would be nice is a much larger selection of moves and attacks, and associated interactions, to make combat more complicated and surprising, at the moment its quite easy to play round feigned dodge and parry compared to how hard it is to use them effectively.
_Gunnar

Postby donatas » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:52 am

Why we are loosing players? Soon haven and hearth will have less players than legacy haven and hearth.
donatas

Postby warrri » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 am

donatas wrote:Why we are loosing players? Soon haven and hearth will have less players than legacy haven and hearth.

The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements