Game Development: Le Happy Merchant

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Le Happy Merchant

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:00 am

For example: I wish to trade beetroots for 3 chantrelles a piece. I place the giving hand in the container containing my beetroots, and the taking hand in an empty container.

So, from a buyers perspective - they would put the 3 chantrelles into the empty container and the chantrelles would magically be transported to the beetroot container and the beetroots transported to the empty container?

Does that mean the buyer would have to have theft perms?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:04 am

Amanda44 wrote:So, from a buyers perspective - they would put the 3 chantrelles into the empty container and the chantrelles would magically be transported to the beetroot container and the beetroots transported to the empty container?

No, they wouldn't place the chantrelles into a container at all; they would click "Buy", and their chantrelles would be magically transported into the container you put the Taking Hand into, while the beetroots would be transported directly into their inventory.

Amanda44 wrote:Does that mean the buyer would have to have theft perms?

jorb wrote:and requires the Stand owner to have theft permissions on the relevant container.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:06 am

^^ Right, ok, thank you.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Drevar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 am

Is the input type such an elaborate data structure that all items can't be lumped into a generic "top level" input type?

The list for items without a specific type would be a pain to navigate through, but last I knew, you guys loved causing pain....
Last edited by Drevar on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drevar

Postby Kaios » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 am

If your barter stand radius contains multiple plots and you happen to have theft permission on some or all of them, won't it pull an item you're selling from any of the containers?
Kaios

Postby Granger » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 am

Exploit reported per PM.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Granger » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:12 am

Kaios wrote:If your barter stand radius contains multiple plots and you happen to have theft permission on some or all of them, won't it pull an item you're selling from any of the containers?

It pulls only from the one with the green Hand.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Kaios » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:14 am

Granger wrote:It pulls only from the one with the green Hand.

But does the barter stand itself differentiate between several "green handed" items, as in, those items are linked to that particular barter stand only? Otherwise if someone is selling the same thing I think it would pull their item if you run out.
Kaios

Postby maze » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:14 am

WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby jordancoles » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:17 am

ArvinJA wrote:The hetzner server was never created to handle up to 4 simultaneous users at once, and as a result, the backend database server simply can't handle the load of everybody trading.

It can handle a toddler trading. It can handle one person and a woman trading. It can not, unfortunately, handle a couple people trading at once.

Underrated post :lol:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements