Game Development: Le Happy Merchant

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Le Happy Merchant

Postby Avu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Probably so you can port to it without risking waylaying.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:24 pm

jorb wrote:
LadyGoo wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Some reintroduction of charter stones might be nice, it'd have to be properly planned out though or we're just back to walljumping

Actually, yeah. Building a charter stone in a communal area would be so nice for trades.

Would it? How so? Because people can spawn an alt there and carry goods home, or...?

Or because you could create a customer base by encouraging new players to spawn and settle close to your marketplace.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby hitzu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:47 pm

jorb wrote:
LadyGoo wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Some reintroduction of charter stones might be nice, it'd have to be properly planned out though or we're just back to walljumping

Actually, yeah. Building a charter stone in a communal area would be so nice for trades.

Would it? How so? Because people can spawn an alt there and carry goods home, or...?

Guys. You have now subscription base, that prevents creating uncontrollable amout of alt accounts. But you can restrict abusing charter stones within one account - just allow one single teleportation per account. Anyone could still create an alt account and teleport fast, but he is either restricted by 7 hours in a week or he must pay for an alt. Fair enough.
hitzu

Postby chocolaterain » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:26 pm

and did you really have to come up with such an anti semetic title jorb? I can't understand how some goyim have absolutely no respect for the 60 million g-ds chosen that died on that horribe day
what a b e a u t i f u l duwang
chocolaterain

Postby Granger » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:31 pm

hitzu wrote:You have now subscription base, that prevents creating uncontrollable amout of alt accounts.

You can create an unlimited amount of characters per account.
You get initial gametime on a new account.
You can create an unlimited number of accounts, as long as freemailers give you new mailboxes.

Sorry, your suggested limitation is not working.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby hitzu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Granger wrote:You can create an unlimited amount of characters per account.

just allow one single teleportation per account

You get initial gametime on a new account.
Indeed.

Sorry, your suggested limitation is not working.

There sould be a workaround anyway. Restricting honest players by reason of abusing goes against the presumption of innocence.
hitzu

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:18 pm

When the kingdoms thing is implemented, anyone spawning on a charterstone could automatically become a vassal of the kingdom that built the stone.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Haba » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Alts for every trade is simply retarded idea. Why can't we have safe travel for trading zones?

- Req. village claim w. significant authority and relatively expensive item built
- Anyone can teleport there, but doing so will get a status effect like the visitor status
- If you want to commit crimes on the trade zone, you'll have to travel there without teleporting
- While the status is active, they cannot cross the trade zone boundary, they'll have to hearthfire home
- Automatically port to hf after a fixed time or if logging out while on trade zone
- Give a travel weariness debuff that prevents you porting back and forth, if you must

Now there still needs to be an elegant way to handle bulk trades, i.e. people need to be able to put down chests 'n shizz (designated areas where visitor status people can interact w. objects?)

No, travelling 4h to buy blueberries isn't going to work. And no, spending two-three days building a road isn't going to work either

One of the major reasons Constantinople worked was that we had relatively safe one-way travel. Without it I don't see trade happening
Haba

Postby boreial » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Having just recently traveled from one village to another to enact a trade, I feel I should post my thoughts on this subject. After contacting the trader from work through the forums and letting them know I was interested in making a trade later in the evening when I was off work and at home (5 1/2 hours later) with a 2+ hour travel time both walking and by horseback, the trade went off very smoothly. However, afterwards I began thinking to myself, THIS was very inconvenient to the trader, who had to remain online and be able to interact with me, mainly in being aware of breaking and reforming party as the party arrow system is still bugged by having false locations of party member. Now I am certainly not on the bandwagon that Teleporting willy-nilly is the answer to everything, but perhaps something like the Stone Cairn can be used as a focal point, something that can be memorized by a visitor after their first visit, and can then be targeted over supergrids as a beacon to be traveled towards, Using such an object could not only give a traveler a destination point, but couls also be used to set permissions in a designated area.

Respectfully
Boreial
boreial

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:32 pm

The point of this update is that he didn't have to remain online, he could've set up the trade on stalls and logged out.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Previous

Return to Announcements