Game Development: Le Happy Merchant

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Le Happy Merchant

Postby sabinati » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:01 am

5 slots still seems unnecessarily limited
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:04 am

loftar wrote:
smileyguy4you wrote:do barter stands work over walls?

Nope, but I think that should be less necessary given the implementation. Since the stand holds no items, it is not theft-sensitive, and thanks to the Visitor buff, you should be able to make reasonable sure they aren't all too frivolously destroyed.

Pretty sure they meant can it operate with containers across walls.

Frog legs are a neat noob food, good addition imo. Not overly interesting to established players but beginners need love too.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby CapnCliff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:06 am

so youre saying. I cant lock up the boxes behind walls for the trade stand? and you expect us to rely on the super buggy and easily avoidable claim protection system. if that's the case. then they are completely useless. and everything will get stolen.
CapnCliff

Postby ArvinJA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:07 am

sabinati wrote:5 slots still seems unnecessarily limited

That's a good point! Unfortunately, running a game with nearly 9 users is a little tricky. If we allow everybody to offer trades, then the game would crash within nanoseconds. Trust us, we've tried it before. The hetzner server was never created to handle up to 4 simultaneous users at once, and as a result, the backend database server simply can't handle the load of everybody trading.

Let me put it to you this way: each time somebody trades for something, the server has to go through a couple MILLION trades looking for those exact trade. It can handle a toddler trading. It can handle one person and a woman trading. It can not, unfortunately, handle a couple people trading at once. If we were to let everybody trading, there would be no game left because the database server would take its own life by throwing itself onto the autobahn.

So if you'd like to have more slots, trade, have custom images, and use various other bonus features, please upgrade to a Platinum account. It's only $9.95, around the price of a two-hour movie. We think you'll get more than two hours worth of entertainment here, and your payment will help us afford the seven servers powering the game you're using right now.

Thank you!
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby Granger » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:07 am

CapnCliff wrote:so youre saying. I cant lock up the boxes behind walls for the trade stand? and you expect us to rely on the super buggy and easily avoidable claim protection system. if that's the case. then they are completely useless. and everything will get stolen.

In case you have found issues with the visitor debuff please open a thread in the bugs section. Thanks.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby sabinati » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:14 am

CapnCliff wrote:so youre saying. I cant lock up the boxes behind walls for the trade stand? and you expect us to rely on the super buggy and easily avoidable claim protection system. if that's the case. then they are completely useless. and everything will get stolen.

I think the containers you sell from can be behind a wall.
sabinati

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:15 am

CapnCliff wrote:so youre saying. I cant lock up the boxes behind walls for the trade stand?

No, I'm saying precisely that you can lock up the boxes.

CapnCliff wrote:the super buggy and easily avoidable claim protection system

As Granger said, if you know any bugs or exploits, you are very free to report them.

sabinati wrote:5 slots still seems unnecessarily limited

Does it really matter that much? Is having to have two or more stands that encumbering?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:19 am

Suggestion:

Make the stand cloth textured with a 'striped' pattern... so if I use two different clothes (let's say wool and hemp) my stand has a white and green striped cloth :D
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:21 am

DaniAngione wrote:Make the stand cloth textured with a 'striped' pattern... so if I use two different clothes (let's say wool and hemp) my stand has a white and green striped cloth :D

That sounds like a nice thing.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Astarisk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:24 am

loftar wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:Make the stand cloth textured with a 'striped' pattern... so if I use two different clothes (let's say wool and hemp) my stand has a white and green striped cloth :D

That sounds like a nice thing.

No nice things. Ever. That's the rules, have you forgotten?
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements