Game Development: Dubloons

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dubloons

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Raffeh wrote:All that you have stated here is that Mr. Trader will be selling all his goods for named coins. What does Mr. Trader do with those coin after he has got them? and if you say buys from another trader that defeats the object because somewhere down the line those coins will stop being traded? then what do you use them for? smelting back to metal?

You missed the first half of the post, where Mr. Trader has another stand.

hazzor wrote:so coins are for providing an unnecessary stage in the middle of normal trading?

_Gunnar wrote:Now the trader doesn't have to be online for the trade, just has to ramcheck and refill containers that sell out every now and then.
_Gunnar

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:26 pm

its just that some people dont seem to understand what fiat money is.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Gunnar_ wrote:Now the trader doesn't have to be online for the trade, just has to ramcheck and refill containers that sell out every now and then.

I missed the point where forcing trading to be obnoxiously real life time management based was a good thing about legacy.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Gunnar_ wrote:Now the trader doesn't have to be online for the trade, just has to ramcheck and refill containers that sell out every now and then.

I missed the point where forcing trading to be obnoxiously real life time management based was a good thing about legacy.

Are you saying that I said that? I meant to imply that not having to be online was a great thing, and the point of the coins... Apparently not clear from what I wrote :p
_Gunnar

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:56 pm

My apologies if that's not what you meant, "just has to" reads rather disparagingly towards the comments that follow after.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:03 pm

well, i'm sorry my post wasn't clear :)

Amanda44 wrote:I have always wanted the coins to be used for trading but I have thought this whole time that certain aspects about the way they have been implemented make them pretty pointless, however, if a big town were to set up like a market place with lots of stands selling different goods, players milling around checking out the wares on sale, little houses with tables and seating set up outside selling food and wine, then I would be tempted to visit and actually trade. :D

The problem then ofc is getting in and out of the town safely ..... so, not going to happen, lol.

Would you like to hire caravan guards?
TBH if someone sets up such a trading post there could be bandits blocking roads leading to it. Sadly everyone will just send naked alts through first because they aren't larpers like me :p
_Gunnar

Postby Zou » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Thank you for the update Jorb!
Last edited by Granger on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed
Zou

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:51 am

_Gunnar wrote:
Sevenless wrote:

Are you saying that I said that? I meant to imply that not having to be online was a great thing, and the point of the coins... Apparently not clear from what I wrote :p

No, I got that. At least, pretty sure that's what I read. I'm not sure you could have expressed it better.

Tonkyhonk wrote:its just that some people dont seem to understand what fiat money is.

dolla dolla bills, yo!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:50 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:its just that some people dont seem to understand what fiat money is.

dolla dolla bills, yo!

reminded me of hyperbolic speculators. "buy gold, buy silver! do something, people, do something before its too late! dont trust dollars!"
Tonkyhonk

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:55 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

dolla dolla bills, yo!

reminded me of hyperbolic speculators. "buy gold, buy silver! do something, people, do something before its too late! dont trust dollars!"

I started to type one of those "wall of text" posts, then realized I was probably screwing something up somewhere, and didn't want to get THAT conversation going again. (/me points at jorb's signature)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Announcements