Game Development: Leather Feather

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Leather Feather

Postby Oddity » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:50 am

wtb quests and siege system
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Ragnar214 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:21 am

By "quest" system do you mean player made quests for other players? There was a game I once played. Can't remember which. They had "job boards" for other players to take jobs from them. Single player games that have such things are Dragon Age, Final Fantasy 12 had one, I think Everquest 2 had a job board as well.
Ragnar214

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:07 am

DaniAngione wrote:Beds when? ¦]

I'm in no hurry for that to show up, as then they will quickly, if not with the same patch, add travel weariness back in.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 am

Quests are probably just going to be a tutorial system when they come out. I really don't see it going much beyond that. Though it would be interesting if the village leader could put up a notice for X work to be done and the worker(s) get paid Y coins (or some other fee) for it to help encourage the lazy peons to do something other than eat and study curios. :lol:
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Grable » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:20 am

MagicManICT wrote:Quests are probably just going to be a tutorial system when they come out. I really don't see it going much beyond that. Though it would be interesting if the village leader could put up a notice for X work to be done and the worker(s) get paid Y coins (or some other fee) for it to help encourage the lazy peons to do something other than eat and study curios. :lol:

Pretty sure it's just tutorial as well, yeah. They said they wanted to work on that, 'game introduction and help'. I don't see how quests to do X work could be implemented though, how would you measure work? Unless it's for stuff like gather x and bring it to us and exchange for y, but barter stands can be used for that anyway.
Grable

Postby Raffeh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:45 am

MagicManICT wrote:

I'm in no hurry for that to show up, as then they will quickly, if not with the same patch, add travel weariness back in.

Spoiler alert! Inner party is leaking info!
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:51 am

Raffeh wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

Spoiler alert! Inner party is leaking info!

It's not like we had to sign any NDAs or anything... but seriously, that was the purpose of beds. Do you think they'll add beds in without adding in the appropriate reason for them? We can't drink wine and don't have beer because we have no "drunkenness" buff yet.
MagicManICT

Postby Raffeh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:18 am

MagicManICT wrote:
It's not like we had to sign any NDAs or anything... but seriously, that was the purpose of beds. Do you think they'll add beds in without adding in the appropriate reason for them? We can't drink wine and don't have beer because we have no "drunkenness" buff yet.

Well honestly they can add in a completely different effect from beds than the dreaded travel weariness. It could give you a slight buff to eating. Gain .25x max FEP bonus after 8 + hours asleep in bed. Just like eating breakfast the most important meal of the day with this buff lasting for 20 minutes? half an hour? Exact figures to be discussed...

I mean this is one of many ideas and we obviously don't want it too OP but just enough to give players a edge over non sleeping companions.
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby stya » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:24 am

First quest find a stone in starting area

¦]
stya

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:33 am

Raffeh wrote:
Well honestly they can add in a completely different effect from beds than the dreaded travel weariness.

Or even none at all other than to log out in for aesthetic purposes, we can and do have cosmetic items, not everything has to have an effect other than to be pleasing. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements