Game Development: Animash

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Animash

Postby Dakutis » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:49 am

strpk0 wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Projectiles can no longer go through cave walls, fixing this.

I think due to this fix I can no longer shoot through deep or shallow water either.
Example:
Attempting to shoot through this position results in the arrow simply being consumed, dealing no damage to the boar (Also no graphical indication of the arrow's travel, perhaps since its instantly colliding with the deep water).

Same problem. 10 Arrows goes nowhere.
Dakutis

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:56 am

The water issue is being looked at: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=45839
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:02 am

Funny thing - Yesterday, when I was going to sleep, I said myself "Wait, I know it is so booooring, but you really should finish your base pavning with free stone source!". So I spend one hour to harvest stone from quarry. And another one, harvesting black coal for future needs. And this whas a really nice decision. I was tired, but happy. And I happy even more today.
And the last thought in my had before I felt asleep was "Hey, why they still didn't add squirrels???" :lol:
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:40 am

Tanning fluid is now consumed per unit of leather, rather than per unit of hide, fixing this.

If hide patches were tannable before the patch (I have feeling they were but I'm not sure) then this fix made it so that they can't be placed in a tanning tub.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby abt79 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:12 pm

I don't mind this update too much, but why the hell can't we get black coal from quarries? I mean, I sort of understand why quarries now drain stamina (even though the massive pile of shit that is the Hunger mechanic makes this more of a problem than a fix), but coal (and stone) in quarries should just work like ball clay in shallow water, just taking the coal away is just taking away nice things unnecessarily.
abt79

Postby Turtlesir » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:56 pm

vatas wrote:
Tanning fluid is now consumed per unit of leather, rather than per unit of hide, fixing this.

If hide patches were tannable before the patch (I have feeling they were but I'm not sure) then this fix made it so that they can't be placed in a tanning tub.

hide patches were never tannable.

i liked how tanning fluid was consumed per hide before. it made bigger hides more efficient, giving a small bonus to using decent sized hides instead of rabbits. it was a little bit of a push to become more developed.
Turtlesir

Postby Vraatjuh » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:32 pm

No squirrel cape :cry: ?

Squirrel tail is a curio that gives 2000LP with MW 8 on Q10. No idea on completion time yet.
Edit; probably 48 hours.
Last edited by Vraatjuh on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vraatjuh

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:20 pm

strpk0 wrote:I think due to this fix I can no longer shoot through deep or shallow water either.

Should be fixed now.

Kaios wrote:Image

Haha, didn't notice that. The fact is that spitroasting adds a "random" stat to the meat, and in the case of squirrel meat, it seems that random stat was Intelligence. Not immediately sure how it should be handled (whether it should avoid existing stats on the meat in question, or whether the resulting stat should be accumulated, for instance). Not critical, anyway. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby venatorvenator » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Squirrels are pretty awesome.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Asgaroth22 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:26 pm

loftar wrote:
strpk0 wrote:I think due to this fix I can no longer shoot through deep or shallow water either.

Should be fixed now.

Kaios wrote:Image

Haha, didn't notice that. The fact is that spitroasting adds a "random" stat to the meat, and in the case of squirrel meat, it seems that random stat was Intelligence. Not immediately sure how it should be handled (whether it should avoid existing stats on the meat in question, or whether the resulting stat should be accumulated, for instance). Not critical, anyway. :)

Random fep? Is this true with all spitroasted animals? When can we expect to be able to spitroast the larger game too?
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements