Game Development: Animash

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Animash

Postby Enjoyment » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:39 pm

I just want to believe Jorb have read this thread before postinig... In that case, I shall wait till it comes no matter how long it takes.
And to be clear - I can't even imagine situation that prevent addidin' bark stockpile. Maybe Jorb just doesn't get the importantanse of it?
And make +marksmanship hat made of squirrel tails - it is too obvious not not do...
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:53 am

jorb wrote:
jorb wrote:
_Gunnar wrote:Do we get an update today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow.

I lied. You'll get it Thursday. Some amount of new nonsense that might cause crashes, so we're getting some sleep before we push the patch.

so does that mean we are getting it some time in the morning?
FerrousToast

Postby Oddity » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:14 am

jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby rustles » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:48 pm

"Wheelbarrows can be dumped to containers"

How does this work? I tried everything to carry dirt inside of the wheel barrow.

I really hope it means what I think it means because believe it or not it was more common to carry dirt from point A to B with a wheel barrow than by hand.
rustles

Postby lachlaan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Presumably it means you can load a wheelbarrow from a stockpile like usual, then dump its contents into a cupboard. You still however need to take the dirt into your inventory, then put it in a stockpile then load the stockpile up.
lachlaan

Postby rustles » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:14 pm

lachlaan wrote: you can load a wheelbarrow from a stockpile like usual,

lachlaan wrote:like usual

Please enlighten me. I wasn't aware you could do that at all.

Also off topic, how do I make it so I only dig one tile? I'm trying to make a slope but every time I try to lower it I end up going a couple tiles too deep, and then have to spam click when my inventory fills and I want to stop digging(since new dirt keeps going into my cursor).

Would be nice if I could just or Alt-click or something and only dig once.
rustles

Postby lachlaan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:34 pm

I don't think there's that sort of feature here, like in Salem, sadly. I keep doing the same thing. The only solution I've found for fine-tuning was to not use a metal shovel, and possibly by hand if your lag is bad enough.

The way wheelbarrows work if that's what you're asking is :

Right click wheelbarrow to engage it

Left click to free terrain to move , it will not collide with the driver, will collide with hitboxes, won't disengage if it hits a hitbox, will disengage if YOU hit a hitbox and prevent yourself from "following wheelbarrow".

With wheelbarrow empty, right click a premade stockpile on the ground to load it into the wheelbarrow.

With wheelbarrow partially full/ full, right click on free tile(aiming for this is horribad, can't tell you how to aim it as it still confuses me) to dump current loaded stockpile onto the ground.

With wheelbarrow partially full/full, right click on a same-type stockpile to unload wheelbarrow's contents into ground stockpile until full, leaving the remaining content still in the wheelbarrow.

With wheelbarrow not empty, right click on a container to fill empty slots in said container with the contents of the wheelbarrow. (tested just now with mulberry leaves, tho hitbox needs to be free quite a bit as it seems to dislike angles)
lachlaan

Postby rustles » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:49 pm

I still can't get it to work. I am pulling the empty wheel barrow, and then when I right click the stock pile it just opens up the the contents of it. I tried shift+scroll wheeling it, and it just brings it to my inventory.

I tried adding it to the cart in item form, and in stock pile form, but nothing worked. I feel retarded trying to understand how this works, because it should probably be obvious how to do it.

Are we talking about the same kind of wheel barrow here? The noob one, one of the first things you build, right?
rustles

Postby lachlaan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Eh,no, that's just a cart. They added the more recent actual wheelbarrow, works a bit like a plow except it can nom nom stockpiles, up to one full stockpile of any one type.

Requires 10 boards, 15 wood blocks, 8 leather and 4 bone glue, presumably also needs the wheelwrighting skill. It's quite a useful tool for stockpile management :)
lachlaan

Postby rustles » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:10 pm

K thanks it was driving me crazy.

I''m building one now to test it.
rustles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements