Game Development: Seasons Greetings

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Seasons Greetings

Postby JusTalionis1 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:06 pm

SuSavage wrote:Crafting tons of Curiosities every day?
Always working pc with auto-study gay?
Such a hard and great gameplay!
Please return afk lp grind and we are not leave the game!

Yes, tons of Curiosities every day.
If i wanted to use Abacus a need treefarm and some metal.
If i wanted to use Straw Doll i need farm.
If i wanted to use Feather Trinket i need some chiken coops
But now i need one straw doll in 2 days and one abacus in week.

I don't use bots and i was need to choose: I could take Feather Trinket and have many lp/hour but i was need to visit my character often. And i could take wishbone. I had not so many lp/hour with wishbone but i could visit my character much less.
Now all peoples don't need long time studying сurious except for a few of the best.

Peoples with autostudy bots? They just change bot and this bot will drop curious with bad wear and take the new.
JusTalionis1

Postby drakesaint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:06 pm

I seriously thought that the devs missed out a great opportunity in the curio system.

Wear on curios makes absolutely no sense. If they wanted to put the Ess/Sub/Vit quality system in play for them, here's a good suggestion:

Essence: Amount of LP given
Substance: Time to study
Vitality: Experience cost

So you could go for something like:

Q10
Ess: 100% of LP
Sub: 100% Time
Vit: 100% Exp Cost

Q40
Ess: 200% of LP
Sub: 80% Time
Vit: 75% Exp Cost

Q90
Ess: 300% of LP
Sub: 60% Time
Vit: 50% Exp Cost

Q160
Ess: 400% of LP
Sub: 40% Time
Vit: 25% Exp Cost
drakesaint

Postby Tamalak » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:10 pm

drakesaint wrote:I seriously thought that the devs missed out a great opportunity in the curio system.

Wear on curios makes absolutely no sense. If they wanted to put the Ess/Sub/Vit quality system in play for them, here's a good suggestion:

The point of the "wear" system was not to put Ess/Sub/Vit in play, the point was to reduce micromanagement of curios (and lessen the LP gain gap between casuals and autostudiers)
Tamalak

Postby drakesaint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Tamalak wrote:
drakesaint wrote:I seriously thought that the devs missed out a great opportunity in the curio system.

The point of the "wear" system was not to put Ess/Sub/Vit in play, the point was to reduce micromanagement of curios (and lessen the LP gain gap between casuals and autostudiers)

Casuals will get more befuddled and confused with which curio is better than the other when wear is put into play.
drakesaint

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:14 pm

Now that would be sexy.
FerrousToast

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Wear is great, might need some tweaks but you're all crazy if you want study time to go down in an uncapped way
_Gunnar

Postby drakesaint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:16 pm

_Gunnar wrote:Wear is great, might need some tweaks but you're all crazy if you want study time to go down in an uncapped way

Then just softcap it or reduce the percentage.
drakesaint

Postby SuSavage » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:19 pm

JusTalionis1 wrote:

I don't use bots and i was need to choose: I could take Feather Trinket and have many lp/hour but i was need to visit my character often. And i could take wishbone. I had not so many lp/hour with wishbone but i could visit my character much less.
Now all peoples don't need long time studying сurious except for a few of the best.

Peoples with autostudy bots? They just change bot and this bot will drop curious with bad wear and take the new.

This update relieves you from the routine with curio craft and reduces the superiority of bots. Spend less time on curio and more time for another gameplay. But a little problem here atm - it's not so varied at a certain stage.
SuSavage

Postby drakesaint » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:23 pm

SuSavage wrote:
JusTalionis1 wrote:

This update relieves you from the routine with curio craft and reduces the superiority of bots. Spend less time on curio and more time for another gameplay. But a little problem here atm - it's not so varied at a certain stage.

This update nerfs Intelligence even further. Won't take long until it's Charisma-level of uselessness.
drakesaint

Postby SuSavage » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:29 pm

drakesaint wrote:This update nerfs Intelligence even further. Won't take long until it's Charisma-level of uselessness.

Intelligence is only needed for curiosities?
SuSavage

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements