Game Development: Seasons Greetings

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Seasons Greetings

Postby shubla » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:55 pm

So does wear work like, For example. If i tuck 1 stalagoom in my study that has 0/10 wear. It will study it 10 times? That would be really cool.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:56 pm

shubla wrote:So does wear work like, For example. If i tuck 1 stalagoom in my study that has 0/10 wear. It will study it 10 times? That would be really cool.

That is precisely what it means, but each successive studying of it gives less LP.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ArvinJA » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 pm

This patch gets quest/0 noobs in the stone grid. Image
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby strpk0 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:59 pm

jorb wrote:We will turn off the subscription counter while we go on leave, so for the duration of the Holiday, all and sundry may play as much as you like, and for free, as no subscription time will tick!

thank you very much :D
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby vatas » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:01 pm

OMG I just realized the curio revamp, it fees too good to be true.

Autostudy nerf'd.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Asgaroth22 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:01 pm

ArvinJA wrote:This patch gets quest/0 noobs in the stone grid. Image

Have you done the quests yet? Maybe they give stones :P Dunno myself, but I hope so
Anyway, I am very, very curious how this curiosity system is going to work out. Great update, much praise
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:03 pm

ArvinJA wrote:This patch gets quest/0 noobs in the stone grid. Image

I do have a bit of a plan to remedy this, but it requires a bit of infrastructure that I need to create. Hopefully it will bear fruit tomorrow or during the weekend.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Thedrah » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:04 pm

cat gold has no wear

awesome update :D
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby lachlaan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Does the free time thing apply to all accounts or just ones with a subscription? As in , will people's free 7 hours tick down? :) Would be nice if not.

As for the curios.. I can't quite agree with the system. It seems to make a whole lot of purity nodes useless, with now only essence mattering at all. Int is easy to get more of in a community or after a bit of work, so attention reduction is only good for newbies that refuse to get int (which they shouldn't do if the quest system instructs them properly). As it was, the amount of curios you needed wasn't too annoying, it provided foraging incentive to be honest. The way you made it now might still encourage people to seek a full wear set of curios, but they'll more than likely need to sacrifice either vit or sub nodes for essence nodes (where possible) and more or less screwing over anyone without such nodes. With the limited number of curio slots, LP gain is the only thing that can really maximize gained LP so for anyone wanting to be efficient he Essence train is now boarding, choo choo. Please reconsider the system to be less symbel like, will post later with a more thought out suggestion if you're up to redoing it (because IMO aside from some tweaking it really needs redoing)

I say it needs redoing because if you've not scaled base LP values, then you've not really buffed anything, and in fact have nerfed all low Essence curios. I'd suggest picking a range of wear points the average of which would yield base LP. Say, the first quarter of the wear points added together would add 4x CurrentBaseLP. To do this the first tick or two would need to be scaled to yield accordingly.
lachlaan

Postby jorb » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:07 pm

lachlaan wrote:Does the free time thing apply to all accounts or just ones with a subscription? As in , will people's free 7 hours tick down? :) Would be nice if not.

Everything is nice.

Play time does not tick either, indeed. It's open season.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements