Game Development: Fun Allowed

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fun Allowed

Postby Chevredoux93 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:58 am

Shadow7168 wrote:I'd like to see some really complex, end-game quests. Stuff that has a story, requires multiple people and crafting, combat, construction, exploration and a bit of luck to complete. The time and resource investment would be huge, even for large villages, but you'd get rare rewards unavailable anywhere else. Say for example you'd have a big quest to find the lair of a troll, mine out the collapsed entrance and slay the troll. Or you could explore a underground fortress in search of the legendary B12 axe, maybe rebuild an ancient ruin that gives you a unique building with some fancy bonuses, etc

It'd add alot of end-game activities and also offer valuable items for trade. Obviously other things need to be fixed in order to get a good endgame, but I think that'd be a neat idea.

I agree, we need some high end goals hard to achieve even for a big village.
Chevredoux93

Postby stya » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:39 am

Badich wrote:
jorb wrote:Out of curiosity: What were the things you used to be able to trade? Pearls? Bricks?

1. Rare items. But we dont have it atm. You don't need to work hard to get what you want. Everyone has everything. Boring and no interest.

2. Quality items. But why should I bother to buy 110q if I have 100q? Almost no difference.

3. Food. But why do I need chests with carrot's pie if hunger bar doesn't allow me to eat it? Useless.
I've made 2k MBC and can't eat it normally. So what is a reason to eat 2000 str if I have 1000? Pointless.
Sell it? Nobody can't offer something interesting (look 1, 2 par.)

The game is a competition, it is a definition, but now we have no goals to compete. Our game is like a puzzle, we've finished and game is over.
As a result: pointless, no goals, no interests -> quit.

Seriously, you should do 3 things.
1. Rethink yours ideas about "Viking's era" and make more content like electricity, new important resourses like titanium, aluminuim, rifles, machinery, 1kk++ lp skills etc. Or you can keep it, but we need to achieve REAL goals and it has to be useful.
2. Rethink yours ideas about content priority, many of us don't care about any new useless flowers or pies.
3. Work harder or ask for help, because such work rate is slow.
Sorry if I'm rude, but it is reality.

Seriously ? Not everyone has everything, especially hermits and new players.

You want real goals and you say you already made 2k MBC, I'd like to know how much time it took you... But probably too much, I am pretty sure you will try to reach any new goal, new possibility as quickly as possible, then come back and say the exact same thing. And honestly I would probably rush it as well and be happy to see more goals.

Rifles, really? Next thing will be laser guns and automated missile turrets I guess. Then maybe aliens and space exploration?

"3. Work harder or ask for help, because such work rate is slow." Please, you can't say that. This is not only rude but also based on what? They produced regular updates, much more than in the past and seem to care for our opinions.

As for your 2., not everyone cares about getting more warfare tools or whatever you want, the charter stone update will probably wake up a few traders who were waiting for it. Some are roleplaying, others just have some kind of social game, others do dramas, politics, wars... A few decorations or new receipes will not break our game but at least it probably took much less time to add compared to kingdoms, valhallah or or charter stones.
stya

Postby stya » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:48 am

Chevredoux93 wrote:We were talking with friends about charter stone, and i repeated my point of view (i dislike the fact that a faction can be "world power" easily).

My friends suggested something that i think is a good idea / compromise : what about making charter stone available only for villages with (500k / a certain amount of) auth?
This way all options are still available, but factions can't easily cover the whole map. it would be impossible to just make an alt, village idol and charter stone in 2 days.
+ it would make village claims more interesting.

What do you think ?

It might be an idea, but the balance would be hard to find to make the global control hard without preventing trading for hermits / small village that play much less... And big faction would probably bot the flax until they can easily make new villages and cover the map...This is the problem with every featureof the game, how to make it balanced for both big players and casuals...
stya

Postby themommawolf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:05 am

Charterstone destruction mechanics?
Build within walls or outside?

jorb wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:Two questions:
1- How 'tough' the charter stone is? It's easy to destroy one, or can I build mine outside the walls? :P
2- Is it affected by material (stone) used? ^^

Forgot the destruction mechanics. Fixing now, but won't be in until next restart. :P

Not affected by variable materials presently, but might perhaps be in the future.
themommawolf

Postby Kaios » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:14 am

themommawolf wrote:Charterstone destruction mechanics?
Build within walls or outside?

Building one outside is fine, as long as you keep the auth up it can't be destroyed (without a ram?). However, building it inside your walls allows you the safety of the visitor buff for anyone porting in or if it's a charter you intend on porting to often having it inside will prevent anyone from attacking you that might be waiting on the other end.
Kaios

Postby themommawolf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:09 am

thank you kaios for the info
themommawolf

Previous

Return to Announcements