Game Development: Fun Allowed

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fun Allowed

Postby LadyGoo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:06 am

jorb wrote:
LadyGoo wrote:Could you switch on and off them? If you can, does it need to be switched on so you could attach to it?

You can clear the name, which switches it off.
Would it be possible to have on option to jump-only, without spawning the hearthfires?
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:07 am

LadyGoo wrote:Would it be possible to have on option to jump-only, without spawning the hearthfires?

Maybe, but that's not how it is now.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby venatorvenator » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:07 am

Redlaw wrote:
venatorvenator wrote:Given the socialization issues we have right now, the single thing that made the game worth playing for me - the possibility of walking 10 hours to make my hermitage safe from raiders so I don't see it griefed and palibashed overnight - is now gone.

Are you making a chartersone and spraying you address around the map? If not your fine as is.

You really underestimate how diligent factions are with their road networks.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:08 am

venatorvenator wrote:You really underestimate how diligent factions are with their road networks.

... wat? If they've already built a road all the way to your place -- supposedly 10hrs out -- how has your position changed? They couldn't teleport to you just fine using that road?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:10 am

venatorvenator wrote:
Redlaw wrote:
venatorvenator wrote:Given the socialization issues we have right now, the single thing that made the game worth playing for me - the possibility of walking 10 hours to make my hermitage safe from raiders so I don't see it griefed and palibashed overnight - is now gone.

Are you making a chartersone and spraying you address around the map? If not your fine as is.

You really underestimate how diligent factions are with their road networks.

they still need to know the name to spawn and teleport. Done want random people even trying, do not build one. Its simple.

No I do not underestimate them, if they wanted me dead already they would have found me and killed me even if it took 100 or more people to march across the map a few months to get to me. People are that persistent, a charter stone wont change that.. Its using one wisely that is what matters.
Redlaw

Postby venatorvenator » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:11 am

Roads are not the point, but the dedication in building them. With charter stones it will be easier for them to reach previously far or inconvenient areas of the map and their transportation network will expand much farther and quicker.
Last edited by venatorvenator on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:13 am

The map will be significantly easier to traverse. I'll generously concede that much.

jorb

Postby LadyGoo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:14 am

You can spawn new characters by Charter Stones by giving the Charter Stone name to the skull pole
Um? Where is it?
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:14 am

LadyGoo wrote:
You can spawn new characters by Charter Stones by giving the Charter Stone name to the skull pole
Um? Where is it?

Sorry about that. Uploading the new character creation room now. Forgot. Does not require reboot. Try again now.

jorb

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:15 am

venatorvenator wrote:Roads are not the point, but the dedication in building them. With charter stones it will be easier for them to reach previously far or inconvenient areas of the map and their transportation network with expand much farther and quicker.

Still if you do not have one at your place, it will still take some work to get to you, 10 hours from spawning, means someone needs to be dump enough to building one to allow raiding and so on. Build one within a brick wall court... People did that with idols, hell even palisades courts for trading reasons.

They gave us a tool, its how we use it that matters.
Redlaw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements