Game Development: A Touch of Death

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Touch of Death

Postby Sevenless » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:23 pm

I don't think lunar knows that charter stones can be used for quick travel. But I've also seen lunar be rabidly anti quick travel (including roads), so maybe that's for the better.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Kaios » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:08 pm

jorb wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Le-Sigh -> FIX THIS. They're just glorified hearth fires without it.

... what?

He wants it to be like before where charter stone names showed up on a list in the character creation room, rather than entering the name like a hearth secret.
Kaios

Postby ramones » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Auction house > charter stone.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Pickard » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:12 pm

ramones wrote:Auction house > charter stone.

Trade is ok now, not perfect but it works. Charter stone is ok.
Dont waste time on "good enough" things.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:18 pm

venatorvenator wrote:
jorb wrote:We've mostly been talking tonight as well, generally speaking broadly and widely on the topics of player interactions, politics, warfare, trade, &c. One general conclusion is perhaps that we want the game to support more dynamic player interactions.

Will there be a rework of crime debuffs?
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Sevenless wrote:I don't think lunar knows that charter stones can be used for quick travel. But I've also seen lunar be rabidly anti quick travel (including roads), so maybe that's for the better.

I'm aware of this, and I hate it, you're right about that. Fast travel was utterly unnecessary.

That being said, yes, I precisely want the return of the ability of players who've never been to the forums to pop through the charter stone off of a list.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Gordon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
That being said, yes, I precisely want the return of the ability of players who've never been to the forums to pop through the charter stone off of a list.

This would be actually nice, there should be an checkbox at charter stone - "Make charter stone public" , that would put the charterstone name in a list which would be available by right clicking the skull at spawn zone and new players could spawn on them.
Gordon

Postby jorb » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:20 pm

venatorvenator wrote:
venatorvenator wrote:
jorb wrote:We've mostly been talking tonight as well, generally speaking broadly and widely on the topics of player interactions, politics, warfare, trade, &c. One general conclusion is perhaps that we want the game to support more dynamic player interactions.

Will there be a rework of crime debuffs?

Anything in particular you feel needs reworking?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:44 pm

Stacking and scaling debuffs according to the severity of the crime would be good, I think. Right now there's not much incentive to just steal when you can vandalize, or just KO when you can murder. The Moot has some quotes in the line of "I committed this crime because I had already committed another crime" which illustrates part of the problem. For example, you could consider reducing theft penalties but making them cumulative per stolen item, adding more annoyances or longer debuffs for murder, making battery less serious, and so on.

Because you're foreseeing more interactions between players, and at the moment that sort of thing just ends with murder and destruction.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby pedorlee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:48 pm

venatorvenator wrote:Stacking and scaling debuffs according to the severity of the crime would be good, I think. Right now there's not much incentive to just steal when you can vandalize, or just KO when you can murder. The Moot has some quotes in the line of "I committed this crime because I had already committed another crime" which illustrates part of the problem. For example, you could consider reducing theft penalties but making them cumulative per stolen item, adding more annoyances or longer debuffs for murder, making battery less serious, and so on.

Because you're foreseeing more interactions between players, and at the moment that sort of thing just ends with murder and destruction.

Thats the same in real life. A theft crime lasts 2 days, a vandalize i dont remember and a murder its like 8 days. Modifying this could led in less liberty and interaction. What we need is more rangers, not more laws.
pedorlee

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements