Game Development: A Touch of Death

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Touch of Death

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:57 pm

pedorlee wrote:Modifying this could led in less liberty and interaction. What we need is more rangers, not more laws.

Balance is freedom.
Trivializing crime doesn't lead to better interactions between players. Murder is the default pvp action currently and a lot has been written on this forum on why that's bad for everyone.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby ramones » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:01 am

Pickard wrote:
ramones wrote:Auction house > charter stone.

Trade is ok now, not perfect but it works. Charter stone is ok.
Dont waste time on "good enough" things.

It's not about that trade is not ok, its about that whole travel over whole map is back and its stupid. I thought the plan was to remove that things, not bring them back.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:16 am

ramones wrote:
Pickard wrote:Trade is ok now, not perfect but it works. Charter stone is ok.

It's not about that trade is not ok, its about that whole travel over whole map is back and its stupid. I thought the plan was to remove that things, not bring them back.

I am split between which would be better, I agree that they need a better solution than free reign to teleport across the map but I'm also not convinced moving away from face to face trading is a good option either.

An auction house entails that the resources are essentially being teleported rather than the player but this removes the entire risk that comes along with trading and whether or not that is a good thing I don't know.
Kaios

Postby pedorlee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:28 am

Kaios wrote:
ramones wrote:
Pickard wrote:Trade is ok now, not perfect but it works. Charter stone is ok.

I am split between which would be better, I agree that they need a better solution than free reign to teleport across the map but I'm also not convinced moving away from face to face trading is a good option either.

An auction house entails that the resources are essentially being teleported rather than the player but this removes the entire risk that comes along with trading and whether or not that is a good thing I don't know.

If that is the problem, why not building a freepvp city like all the mmo's have? One Ogrimmar would be an easy solution. They did it on Salem, why not here?
pedorlee

Postby venatorvenator » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:47 am

Kaios wrote:An auction house entails that the resources are essentially being teleported rather than the player but this removes the entire risk that comes along with trading and whether or not that is a good thing I don't know.

There could be other types of risks. For example, trade by birds has been suggested before. It wouldn't be instantaneous, and depending on how it's done the other party could choose not to honor their part of the trade and just receive your items without sending anything in return for them. Trader reputation would matter, especially for bulk or high-value trades. Since people trade with alts it's essentially the same risk as in-person trading, but without the need for worldwide teleportation.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:51 am

Also keep in mind auction houses might just promote botting further, bots to buy cheaper items and set for higher, bots that buy out any of a certain item, bots to bid at the last second, etc.
Kaios

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:20 am

Who would bot when the best item to buy has no quality? When said itej can trade the good out of someone for the month that it gives? That is the trade system currently. Game time matters, not full quality.
Redlaw

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:13 am

We're working on the next patch, but it'll take two sessions. Hoping to have it out tomorrow.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:41 am

jorb wrote:We're working on the next patch, but it'll take two sessions. Hoping to have it out tomorrow.

May the deaths of newbies multiply a thousand fold when you do. Well hoppely its more enjoyable to die anyway. But part of the game has been when you die your done.... may it be worse lol. jk, may it better.

Some times the fact one prick can ruins months if noit years of player, even if they played a month is annoying. ya so someone lacks the ability and know how to fight wild life and players, does not mean you kill them for the lols and take there things, when if you kept them around they could in tiem possably trade you something nice.... or help out those new players that will in time...

May Valhalla run with the blood of meek.
Redlaw

Postby Cece » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:15 am

whatever they patch i doubt they would lose any players so don't worry guys, haven has nothing to lose!

Redlaw wrote:
jorb wrote:We're working on the next patch, but it'll take two sessions. Hoping to have it out tomorrow.

May the deaths of newbies multiply a thousand fold when you do. Well hoppely its more enjoyable to die anyway. But part of the game has been when you die your done.... may it be worse lol. jk, may it better.

Some times the fact one prick can ruins months if noit years of player, even if they played a month is annoying. ya so someone lacks the ability and know how to fight wild life and players, does not mean you kill them for the lols and take there things, when if you kept them around they could in tiem possably trade you something nice.... or help out those new players that will in time...

May Valhalla run with the blood of meek.

newbies? nobody plays the game. those 1700 new players left so you only have 50 actual players with 40-50+ alts (some aren't logged in most of the time so there could be more alts)
Cece

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements