Game Development: A Touch of Death

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Touch of Death

Postby ramones » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:20 am

Kaios wrote:Also keep in mind auction houses might just promote botting further, bots to buy cheaper items and set for higher, bots that buy out any of a certain item, bots to bid at the last second, etc.

I doubt botting of AH would benefit anyone. And I'm just looking from my perspective, since whatever mmo I played I spent 50% of my time on AH, earning money for my gear with smart buying/reselling.

I think it would be nice thing to have, specially to trade and exchange some smaller amount of things, like buy 1 boneglue for few curios, or a better curio with whatever.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:26 pm

I was realy meaning the oppsite what I said, we need more players. But what happens happens.
Redlaw

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Cece wrote:newbies? nobody plays the game. those 1700 new players left so you only have 50 actual players with 40-50+ alts (some aren't logged in most of the time so there could be more alts)

Unless this is a second account for whatever reason, you've only been here for one world reset so far: this one. This is how the game goes every time? Why? Listen to the vets, and they'll tell you. Yeah, people play this game, every world reset, that number at the start of the new world keeps getting bigger and bigger. My first world reset, it was barely over 1000. No, it's not a fast growth, but people really do want to see what comes of this game that is still in development.

ramones wrote:I doubt botting of AH would benefit anyone. And I'm just looking from my perspective, since whatever mmo I played I spent 50% of my time on AH, earning money for my gear with smart buying/reselling.

Margins, that's what the bots get... margins. I have to agree (at least on the games where you can trade the good gear). Then again, the raid vets and such then whined about those that bought gear and crap and don't know how to play (and ninja looting the good gear to then sell it on auction), so everything in theme park MMOs went bind on pickup. :roll:
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:22 pm

When you talk about Action houses I am reminded of The Legacy of The Dragons one, one or two people pretty much ran the market for each race (it was a war of races). I would spend all week harvesting plants to make potions, just to buy a worn out peace of armor by selling potions. You go over (or under) the main peoples prices they get on you lol.

I do not want to see that happening here.
Redlaw

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Small game == small market. Small markets == goon squads. Yeah, I'm not surprised. You need a few thousand active marketers to make an AH work properly, or a supply/demand system where one small faction can't possibly keep up with the demand. Distribution of the market can help greatly with this, too, but then you end up with some wild prices and opportunity in hauling from one market to another (EVE, Puzzle Pirates to name ones i'm familiar with).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Redlaw » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Legacy of the Dragons was fun and all, But the grind (for a free player) was stupid lol. It was all grind oif you wanted to do something, plus if you did plants for potions you need to buy off someone that mined rocks for dust to make them, Plus purchased flasks and so on. So the game got its far share, when you could easily buy some gems convert into gold. buy gear off market closer to top quietly, within minutes. This is there wear more paying players on the humans side (magmar was the side I played on). So even the game was unbalanced on which side was all the paying players. The big fun though (and rewards) was the bi weekly dragon fight.

O my older gaming days.....

H&H filled the gab many years ago.
Redlaw

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:09 am

jorb wrote:We're working on the next patch, but it'll take two sessions. Hoping to have it out tomorrow.

We're wrapping up, but we'll wait until tomorrow with pushing as it contains some new stuff.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby boshaw » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:27 am

jorb wrote:
jorb wrote:We're working on the next patch, but it'll take two sessions. Hoping to have it out tomorrow.

We're wrapping up, but we'll wait until tomorrow with pushing as it contains some new stuff.

What new stockpile will we get :3?
boshaw

Postby Dominick » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:53 am

boshaw wrote:What new stockpile will we get :3?

Bark stockpile! Hopefully.

lol, ok. I doubt it.

:cry:
Dominick

Postby Bearcub » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:08 am

Dominick wrote:
boshaw wrote:What new stockpile will we get :3?

Bark stockpile! Hopefully.

lol, ok. I doubt it.

:cry:

Why not big animals stockpile :D Pile of mooses + bears
Bearcub

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements