Game Development: A Touch of Death

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Touch of Death

Postby Ethan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:54 am

loftar wrote:
sabinati wrote:That's cool I guess but when are you bringing back the curio thing

We are, rather, considering curiosities from... several angles. ^^

I would be interested to see more curio options...

Maybe making forgables ingredients in higher tier craft curios, as at the moment there is a strong division between crafted curios and foragable curios.
Lady Bug Charm ( lady bug and bone glue)
dandelion chain ( 5x dandelion, 1x string)
insect board ( lady bug, ruby dragon fly, emerald dragon fly, silk moth, glass, board, metal nugget)

I am curious if there could be a few curios that are continuous use, as in the do not wear out/not consumed, and provide a fixed LP/H and EXP/H.
Ethan

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:14 am

Jalpha wrote:Please keep permadeath. I remember reading something which indicated you were perhaps reconsidering it because of new players raging out after being murdered.

No, I can't see there's any chance whatsoever that we'd ever remove permadeath.

There are primarily two aspects of death that we are considering:
  • Death sometimes feels a bit... fickle. As mentioned a while ago in some other thread, I think it would be a good thing if some situations that currently lead to death merely lead to quite grievous wounds, so that death can be somewhat more negotiated with.
  • While permanent, death should not be the end. It has been the intention with Haven from the start that one "plays a bloodline", so to speak. The inheritance system from Legacy was clearly an intention in that general direction, and while it had its flaws, the underlying thought is still very much an intention.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby bitza » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:14 am

$30 revive token ¦]
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby strpk0 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:16 am

Respawn DLC when

sry for shitpost
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:17 am

Loftar, let people capture each other. That way we will have more drama and less people killed! Like in medieval era, when it was more useful to capture a knight and demand a huge payment for the life of the knight.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Jalpha » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:43 am

Maybe skulls or some other body part harvested from corpses could be used by a descendant to retrieve a portion at least of their previous stats? I like the idea of having hostages but I don't see how it could be practical.

Such an object would have to be a permanent world object otherwise it would be pointless. An enemy could just drop it on the ground and then the whole adventure of protecting it from someone trying to retrieve it would disappear.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:16 am

The skull provides 1% of the LP earned to whoever can get it and study it. It's hardly a drop in the bucket of a 10M LP character, though, as you can get that many in a couple days just pushing INT hard and loading high end curios on a new character. And then you have to figure the skull has a mental weight equal to the dead character's PSY, so a dead crafter such as a jewler is kinda fucked if they have their skull and want to get that LP boost.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jalpha » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:27 am

Yea, skulls are broken.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Redlaw » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:53 am

Loving some of this update, the stock pile for grapes lovely, wish it was closer to 50 grapes or higher (like enough to crush to make a bucket of grape juice). But past that one very miner thing, it seems like a good start to what could come.

Noble titles based off how high the characters CHA was at death as part of the legacy of heritage? Ya its an rp thing, but having this tittle hanging in front of your characters name if you are reborn would be cool. Now earning a title could also happen based off CHA while alive (just not as easy).

That is a basic idea.
Redlaw

Postby pedorlee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:13 am

Yes please, more curios. We need reasons to go out and forage!!

Also this:
Jorb wrote:Village is low on authority

This amuses me because I haven't been able to see where that thing is since the game started. I thought it wasn't a thing yet implemented since I stoped playing during exams and when I noticed some of my walls were decaying. Can auth be seen???

Also thanks again for the charter stones, this makes live easier.
pedorlee

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements