Game Development: A Touch of Death

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Touch of Death

Postby Redkat » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:02 pm

and if the knocked out dont know he is a hostage - but is celebrating in Hawaii in RL ?
How can he "pay gold" to get his heart back in 2 hours.
Redkat

Postby ddrboy54 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:07 pm

simimi wrote:
Jalpha wrote:I like the idea of having hostages but I don't see how it could be practical.

When you knock out a toon, there is his heart in his inventory, like a claim deed.
If you take it, you can right clik on the floor with heart in hand to put the HF of the player there ( could be a prison).
While the heart is out of the body, the player keep being knok out, and if the heart is not "plant" within 2 hours, the toon die.

So when DIS kills new players, they can grief them harder by also preventing them from playing for an additional 2 hours before they actually die?
ddrboy54

Postby Gordon » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:26 pm

ddrboy54 wrote:
simimi wrote:
Jalpha wrote:I like the idea of having hostages but I don't see how it could be practical.

When you knock out a toon, there is his heart in his inventory, like a claim deed.
If you take it, you can right clik on the floor with heart in hand to put the HF of the player there ( could be a prison).
While the heart is out of the body, the player keep being knok out, and if the heart is not "plant" within 2 hours, the toon die.

So when DIS kills new players, they can grief them harder by also preventing them from playing for an additional 2 hours before they actually die?

An option to suicide.
Gordon

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:14 am

Longshanks87 wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Added Grape stockpile.[/list]

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • You can now allow or disallow spawning by Charter Stones.
  • You can now carry an object while traveling by Charter Stones.

Love Love Love

Does this mean new characters can spawn by your charter stone without needing a Hearth Secret equivalent?
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Kaios » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:00 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Does this mean new characters can spawn by your charter stone without needing a Hearth Secret equivalent?

No it works the same except that someone can turn off new players spawning at their charterstone if they want.
Kaios

Postby Gordon » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Also, nothing mentioned in the previous topics about the new curios thing they had put up before they reverted it.
Is Jorb and Loftar planning to put it back? That was an nice update.
Gordon

Postby romovs » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:01 pm

Uh I have mixed feelings about charter stones.
Lack of fast traveling screwed trading big time but it did limit alt abuse.
Was hopping there would be some mechanic just for transferring items between villages and not complete fast travel, but I guess we'll see how that works out, perhaps it's for the best..
romovs

Postby Asgaroth22 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Gordon wrote:Also, nothing mentioned in the previous topics about the new curios thing they had put up before they reverted it.
Is Jorb and Loftar planning to put it back? That was an nice update.

loftar wrote:
sabinati wrote:That's cool I guess but when are you bringing back the curio thing

We are, rather, considering curiosities from... several angles. ^^

I guess they're not bringing it back unless they can't think of something better.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:48 am

Kaios wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Does this mean new characters can spawn by your charter stone without needing a Hearth Secret equivalent?

No it works the same except that someone can turn off new players spawning at their charterstone if they want.

Le-Sigh -> FIX THIS. They're just glorified hearth fires without it.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby jorb » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:36 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Kaios wrote:

Le-Sigh -> FIX THIS. They're just glorified hearth fires without it.

... what?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements