Game Development: A Touch of Vengeance

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Touch of Vengeance

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:25 pm

So what's stopping me from using 1 UA crime alts to steal and vandal and clear the horde of the little shits with my fighter?

All I see is people needing to have friends to clear the spookies before they log in, which isn't actually that fun. Note: A friend as I assume they can just aggro the things one by one and wittle down their numbers if there's a horde of the fuckers.
DDDsDD999

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:27 pm

LadyGoo wrote:I'd say this is a bad decision and will make a lot of people quit. You are again leaving something half-done, then shift to something else (to leave it unfinished again).
For instance: visitor buff, barter stands, quests.
This will arise the new series of problems and annoy users. Basically, losing any faith in the game being developed in a way that it will be fun to play in the nearest future.

This implementation is not half-done, though. This system is largely self-contained, complete, and isolated from the question of siege, and that was kind of the intention.

What is lacking in the visitor buff?

The quest system is done as such, it is merely that it lacks content. It's also on my list, as you can see.

Both barter stands and mounts are arguably only half-finished, but you will notice how they are also both on my list.

Whether you lose confidence or not is up to you, and nothing I can do or say changes anything about it, save further development.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Gordon » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:28 pm

So how do I craft and build the ferret and the other thing?
I got the scent, but nothing new in the menus.
Last edited by Gordon on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon

Postby Kaios » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:28 pm

LadyGoo wrote: I'd say this is a bad decision and will make a lot of people quit. You are again leaving something half-done, then shift to something else (to leave it unfinished again).
For instance: visitor buff, barter stands, quests.
This will arise the new series of problems and annoy users. Basically, losing any faith in the game being developed in a way that it will be fun to play in the nearest future.

Was it an update any of us were hoping for? No, I certainly didn't expect something like this at all but I think it's an interesting change and I'm willing to see how it plays out. I don't agree that either the visitor buff or quests were even a priority in the first place so leaving those things unfinished doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

It is all about perspective and we all have different ideas of what we want to see implemented and in what priority, this isn't what I personally wanted to see come next but I'll take it.
Kaios

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Nidbanes scale in power with their target

Nidbane attacks ignore armor.

Now that's interesting, I really like that.

It would be even better if the ghost looked like a darker version of my character, with the same clothes etc.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby loftar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Gordon wrote:So how do I craft and build the ferret and the other thing?
I got the scent, but nothing new in the menus.

A recipe ingredient type for "heinous crimes" was added, so you need to pick up a theft, battery, vandalism or murder scent anew to discover that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby burgingham » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:31 pm

GustawoVegas wrote:
jorb wrote:
GustawoVegas wrote:There are 86 hearthlings playing

YAYAYA, and one minute after the server restarted there were four! PROOOFS! DAED GAEM!

Fucking idiot.

You god damn moron. There is 10-20 people who are praising you. They are only ones who left, because you didn't gave a shit about your community and everyone else left.

Your game is empty, there is no new blood, there is no new content to be exited about and there is plenty of old content that still broken.

How about you just leave then instead of spewing around your toxic nonsense? You have literally nothing to say, hate the game, hate the devs and yet you are here getting emotionally invested like noone else. It makes no sense. If you don't want to leave, I can do that for you. Might be easier... In any case stop littering the thread with your insults. Either give constructive feedback or go away.

@Jorb and Loftar: I am interested to se how this plays out. I like the idea behind the idea to get rid of full blown sieges by having other forms of revenge. That is an important issue and needed tackling, this is not just some fluff ghost like others say.

However I am sceptical about balancing this thing. If it stands and waits at someones hearthfire for them to log in then it will be easy for bigger factions to just group hug it and get rid of it with no danger. Maybe that is the way it should be? I don't know, probably not. Since I imagine this working in a way to give smaller players a tool to get back at the big bulies too.

Also the strength of the ghost. I will wait and see what players think. It will be problemetic to balance it and to keep it balanced througout the course of a world lasting god knows how long. It might easily be either trivial or too hard depending on the balance. If there is an equilibrium though with a good balance and giving you a tough fight then this might just be a great idea.
burgingham

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:32 pm

GustawoVegas wrote:You god damn moron. There is 10-20 people who are praising you. They are only ones who left, because you didn't gave a shit about your community and everyone else left.

Your game is empty, there is no new blood, there is no new content to be exited about and there is plenty of old content that still broken.

User asked to be banned, and was.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby LadyGoo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:34 pm

jorb wrote:This implementation is not half-done, though. This system is largely self-contained, complete, and isolated from the question of siege, and that was kind of the intention.
Then why would you wait on implementing anything about the sieges?
Visitor buff and this update won't change much in terms of in-game social interactions and politics, but being able to raid and possibility of being raided - yes.

Whether you lose confidence or not is up to you, and nothing I can do or say changes anything about it, save further development.
Then stop making moses, instead of introducing tamable horses. Stop making useless food, make more curios. It is the questionable priorities you set up, that make people lose faith, not the amount of the time they have to wait.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby loftar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:34 pm

burgingham wrote:If it stands and waits at someones hearthfire for them to log in then it will be easy for bigger factions to just group hug it and get rid of it with no danger.

One idea we could perhaps consider if that is a problem might be that, if there are several ghosts waiting for a player to log in, and one is attacked, then the rest attacks the player they're waiting for.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements