Game Development: A Touch of Vengeance

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Touch of Vengeance

Postby bitza » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:24 am

oh right, because no one ever goes more than 8 hours without checking their walls.... :roll: :lol:
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Redlaw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:43 am

bitza wrote:oh right, because no one ever goes more than 8 hours without checking their walls.... :roll: :lol:

I have no options I cant check my walls everyday anymore, alwasy expecting to loh in and everything made into a mess. But that is just part of the game.
Redlaw

Postby Glorthan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:24 am

Redlaw wrote:
bitza wrote:oh right, because no one ever goes more than 8 hours without checking their walls.... :roll: :lol:

I have no options I cant check my walls everyday anymore, alwasy expecting to loh in and everything made into a mess. But that is just part of the game.

No you have plenty of options:
- Make a charterstone and spawn alts (a part of the game for most of the population)
- Stop playing the free trial version
- Budget your time better to leave 5 minutes per day of ram checking time.

You choose not to through the decisions you make.
Glorthan

Postby Legendmaker08 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:32 am

strpk0 wrote:Jesus, you sound like such a giant asswipe.

Well, hey. You sound like one too now. ¦]
strpk0 wrote:Anyway, get this: any faction able to raid your village can still take care of the nidbane thing VERY easily. I am no raider, pro nor "criminal" (heck, not a single one of my characters have even trespassing), but still I can recognize when an update is rushed and not very well thought out. If you want to keep supporting their "experiments", then by all means go ahead. But don't make it sound like the only people that are unhappy about this update are "criminals", and not sensible people that practice some sort of common sense when thinking about updates like this.

And this is what I'm talking about. Villages can handle the nidbane VERY easily. So people shouldn't go around acting like it's the end of the world for H&H cause they implemented something admittedly new to play-test it. I mean, I don't understand this mentality that Seatribe has to cater to all of these ragebabies' whims. It's their game, and they're doing their best to cater to both sides of the raiding spectrum. Don't like it? Make your own game. I don't like all the updates they put out either, but I trust their design well enough to at least let them implement new things without crying about it like a spoiled 4-year-old. Which is what half of the naysayers on this discussion sound like because they can't handle a little repercussions for their actions.

bitza wrote:lol if you don't think raiders can use this as a weapon to harass innocent bambis.
for example, i build a ram outside your wall and claim over it. you go outside to destroy the ram, thus leaving a vandal scent. now i can send a spooky ghost through the walls to get you.

before the update, you would still have the protection of your walls in this scenario, you'd leave the vandal scent, taking the bet that you'd be able to stop the invasion and continue to hide behind your walls. now, you don't have that option anymore. it's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

at least jorb recognizes that there are going to be unintended consequences to the spooky ghosts, just like anything else that's ever been done to the siege system, if it's good for the larpers, it's good for the raiders

And like strpk0 just said, which corroborates what Jorb said earlier. Just cause you can MAKE the nidbane, doesn't mean it's the end of the world for me either. So let's say your scenario plays out the way you describe it. I take the chance to break your ram on your insta-claim and leave a scent, and you make a nidbane to chase me. It's not like I'm defenseless. My char is a dedicated combat char, so I can FIGHT BACK. Now, I may not win, (which I recognize as a real possibility when I leave the scent), but if I do, I just got away with sabotaging your siege. Which is part of the fun. I don't see why it's such a big deal. You got to make hard choices sometimes, and accept the consequences therein. But to quote Darksouls players: Git gud.
Legendmaker08

Postby stya » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:03 am

strpk0 wrote:But don't make it sound like the only people that are unhappy about this update are "criminals"

Well most people crying on this thread have been active criminals. They clearly are the target of this update, not the roleplayers or traders or farmers or noobs living in a pali...
stya

Postby boshaw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:06 am

stya wrote:
strpk0 wrote:But don't make it sound like the only people that are unhappy about this update are "criminals"

Well most people crying on this thread have been active criminals. They clearly are the target of this update, not the roleplayers or traders or farmers or noobs living in a pali...

They just need to think outside the box and they'd realize its usefulness.
boshaw

Postby Astarisk » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:34 pm

bitza wrote:... evil stuff

Haha, thats pretty great for villages and nabs that can't afford vandal alts (or anyone who doesn't have one premade).

An easy guide to ruining a nab's day:
1) Drop claim
2) Build a ram surrounded by layers and layers of fences(more fences = more vandal scents = higher spookiness level, ideally you want to max this)
3) ?????
4) Spookify your target.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:35 pm

Astarisk wrote:

Haha, thats pretty great for villages and nabs that can't afford vandal alts (or anyone who doesn't have one premade).

1) Drop claim
2) Build a ram surrounded by layers and layers of fences(more fences = more vandal scents = higher spookiness level, ideally you want to max this)
3) ?????
4) Spookify your target.

This is actually very valid argument.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Gordon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:02 pm

Astarisk wrote:

1) Drop claim
3) ?????
4) Spookify your target.

pretty sure this will be invalid with the new siege system
Gordon

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Gordon wrote:
Astarisk wrote:

1) Drop claim
3) ?????
4) Spookify your target.

pretty sure this will be invalid with the new siege system

Want to hear something?
New siege system is currently not in use!
You are free to do this to as many people as you like.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements