Game Development: The Danger Zone

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby CSPAN » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:32 pm

"finished" being pretty subjective I guess, considering its eternal alpha. Still dont see harm in an attempt at raising player base, even if its slight, more money more incentive to "finish"?
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby GumChewer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:18 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • All things dropped in the water are now saved. Sometimes these goods wash up on beaches, and sometimes you can catch them while fishing.

Great. now I Am Stuck With juniper berries
1MoreGamer wrote:
Urist McJorbtar has entered a fey mood!
(due to the lack of tortoises and inability to find silk) Urist McJorbtar cancels strange mood: went insane
Urist McJorbtar has gone berserk!
Server has been found dead
¦]
GumChewer

Postby Enrymion » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:17 am

loftar wrote:We have discussed similar things ourselves (wall scaling and such), but one of the problems is that if you don't have the ability to destroy things once inside, people will just line their walls with piles of wood or whatever cheap thing you can't past without destroying it. Contrariwise, if you can destroy things, then obviously walls are just completely meaningless and anyone is liable to destruction at any time. The middle ground between these options is less than obvious.

Would being able to within some limits pick the point you get to after scaling make it better?(You throw a rope somewhere from top of wall and slide down it or something like that.) Or would that just make people leave a huge space between the wall and woodpile or whatever wall?

Or if wall-scaling would give you bunch of "teleports" that allow you to get around non-wall objects.
Come to think of it would it be crazy if with some effort and time you could climb/teleport over almost any non wall-object?
Or be allowed to build poles that allow you to "teleport" anywhere within it's range?(Might be nice even outside of burglary)

or like lachlaan suggested
lachlaan wrote:- Make players not collide with most objects, or all objects to avoid the spam of such objects for hindering thieves (only when in "thief mode", much like the visitor debuff)
Enrymion

Postby iamcorbito » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:03 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

[*] All livestock animals now have three lives each. If you "kill" a domestic animal in combat, it will instead become knocked out and lose one life. Knocked out livestock get back up again after 12 hours, with one life less. Livestock animals die permanently once the third life is lost.

I tried knocking out my bull thinking i might be able to lift it like what we could do with a corpse but I cant. Would it be possible to allow the knocked out animals be lift-able?
iamcorbito

Postby sabinati » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:49 pm

that would defeat the purpose
sabinati

Previous

Return to Announcements