Game Development: The Danger Zone

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby stickman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:10 am

my suggestion for a siege system:

rams and other assault weapons can only be spawned at an idol and require materials and authority to spawn them.
-rams no longer get damaged by moving
-rams gain 10 tokens per hour and can store up to X many tokens
-moving the ram 1 tile uses up X tokens
-bashing once with the ram uses up X tokens (so if you barely reach the wall you may run out of tokens trying to bash! which means you have to stick around awhile)

-catapults when implemented could use up tokens per shot fired? etc

so basically you have to long trek with your ram and sneak it into your enemies territory or... build an assault outpost... maybe instead of spawning at an idol you can make an outpost which requires like 24 hours of drying as well but will let you get abit closer for your assaults?
stickman

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:12 am

Indestructible objects allow for a lot - a lot of abuse.

If that's the only way, then make it 6h before AND 6 hour after built...

So you also reward those that are paying attention. Only the middle hours are invulnerable - if you lose the starting period, you have to be ready for the battle ahead.
Just a suggestion to make it less stupid...

I would say roll back this change, though.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby darklingsun » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:13 am

+1 to the roll back also. That's just too small of a time frame for destruction. :{ But I like the fishing items up! That's awesomeness!
darklingsun

Postby Smoopadoop » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:28 am

yeah i dont think this is too smart of an idea. I'm sure you CAN change rams to be better, but maybe not this.
+1 to ram rollback

I promise I dont hate you guys <3
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Postby infectedking » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:30 am

Maybe even a world restart, so we can prepare for this shitty updates, since they make them a lot. We could make a update proof base with 20 layers of wall.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:36 am

Maybe building a ram inside claimed/village territory could leave vandalism scents, too, now that we're at it. It will, after all, be used for vandalism... and vandalism Nidbanes might be an useful ally to even things a bit for the defenders.

Though the invaders could build the ram with dumb alts...

Hmmm...

Maybe a new kind of scent: Siege scent.
Left when doing siege stuff, like building rams.
The Nidbane goes after the person using the ram, not the person that originally left the scent :P

---

I know these are stupid ideas,
just throwing some options still better than Twil-- errmm, an object invulnerable for 18 hours.
W15 ???
DaniAngione

Postby Vert » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:38 am

we dont need to change ram. this system is really good for someone who leave the game or dont want to check and protect his village... maybe we can increase time of ram to 36 ours.
we need second siege mechanic.
siege totem.
it costs a lot of resourse and a rare resource that have only a huge village limited every week. 1-2 per week.
when the totem is built it takes 24 hours before he will ready. the person who will get the control after 24 hours can choose the next activation time +8 or - 8 hours. The second time when the totem is ready the peson who get control choose again +4 or -4 hours and that will be the time of attack.
if defenders get control on the last stage they can destroy totem. if the attacers get control one of them can smash a wall limited times with hands.

now we have a problem to limit the destrution power of raiders.
we need a storage with some good thing for every village.
for example you must put in storage some good thing to get your village active to get active chapter stone and other. You must put more thing if you village is big.

so when raiders raid you with totem they will get items from village storage.
Last edited by Vert on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vert

Postby FerrousToast » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:39 am

stickman wrote:my suggestion for a siege system:

rams and other assault weapons can only be spawned at an idol and require materials and authority to spawn them.
-rams no longer get damaged by moving
-rams gain 10 tokens per hour and can store up to X many tokens
-moving the ram 1 tile uses up X tokens
-bashing once with the ram uses up X tokens (so if you barely reach the wall you may run out of tokens trying to bash! which means you have to stick around awhile)

-catapults when implemented could use up tokens per shot fired? etc

so basically you have to long trek with your ram and sneak it into your enemies territory or... build an assault outpost... maybe instead of spawning at an idol you can make an outpost which requires like 24 hours of drying as well but will let you get abit closer for your assaults?

I like this idea, especially the larpy aspect of an army on the march with their siege engines, and the village being assaulted sending out a troop on horses to try and neutralize the threat, only to have the siegers own contingent of cavalry hiding in the back and drive the defenders off. More large scale drama like this. Also, siege engines including ram should require more than one player co ordinating, to make it difficult to do alone with alts, and because an entire sacking and burning should never be a one man affair.
FerrousToast

Postby springyb » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:41 am

jorb wrote:
Granger wrote:Additionally the 6h destroy window prior use is IMHO a very bad idea. I get it that you want to ease the illegal entrance, but to force one be online within that window as the only way to remove the danger to ones settlement is bad, since it interferes with sleep, work and life in general.

What would be reasonable?

What about instead of making them immune to being destroyed for 18 hours, make it so they can't be outright destroyed by normal methods. Instead of the "destroy" command, allow the defender to sabotage the ram every x hours, halting the drying process for a number of hours. If it's already dry then a sabotage will make it need repaired the same way as if it had been moved. 3 successful sabotages will permanently destroy the ram.

Maybe that wouldn't require both sides to watch and be available 24 hours a day.
Last edited by springyb on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
springyb

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:45 am

springyb wrote:
jorb wrote:
Granger wrote:Additionally the 6h destroy window prior use is IMHO a very bad idea. I get it that you want to ease the illegal entrance, but to force one be online within that window as the only way to remove the danger to ones settlement is bad, since it interferes with sleep, work and life in general.

What would be reasonable?

What about instead of making them immune to being destroyed for 18 hours, make it so they can't be outright destroyed by normal methods. Instead of the "destroy" command, allow the defender to sabotage the ram every x hours, halting the drying process for a number of hours. If it's already dry then a sabotage will make it need repaired the same way as if it had been moved. 3 successful sabotages will permanently destroy the ram.

Maybe that wouldn't require both sides to watch be available 24 hours a day.

I like this.

More simply, they could (for example) be normally attacked down to 50% on the 18h period. This would force the attackers to replan their windows because they would need to wait for 8h repairs, giving the defenders a chance to counterattack their invading attempt.

Although none of these ideas are enough to solve the most important problem: an indestructible object that can be abused/used for griefing/etc.
W15 ???
DaniAngione

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements