Game Development: The Danger Zone

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby greenfingers85 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:11 pm

I cant believe you keep implementing useless items like squirrels and rocking-chairs when so much stuff is missing from the game .small things like beer and wine and the buffs that USE TO come with it,by adding grapes and hops you're giving the false impression that there is more to the game than there actually is .

It feels like this game is still in beta and you're charging people to play. . .if id known so much content was missing from the game i probably wouldn't of bought subs ,because I've got to the point that there is nothing else to do is wait for my hunger to drop ..it's frankly boring and tedious , i hate to say it because i use to love the old haven & hearth .i hope next world will make up for it but until then i wont be playing much unless there is some big updates R.I.P haven & hearth :cry:
greenfingers85

Postby lachlaan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:03 pm

I don't think having wine or beer would improve my in-game quality of life much at all, to be honest. Maybe you think it would for you, due to nostalgia, but in the end it'd be a very small bit of gameplay that wouldn't bring the game full circle while new implementations are working towards that.

As for the "People on now" counter, how the heck do you guys camp it till it's in the 70s? Every time I see such posts I check and it's always over 140 :\ and unless they're all 24 hour a day nolifers, that's 140 at any given time, swapping out making it more like 280-400 active characters or whatever in the span of a day. Not that shabby for this sort of game. And sadly the game is indeed still in alpha/beta or whatever... and yes they do need to eat while they develop this stage of the game. It is what it is.
lachlaan

Postby stya » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:20 pm

lachlaan wrote:I don't think having wine or beer would improve my in-game quality of life much at all, to be honest. Maybe you think it would for you, due to nostalgia, but in the end it'd be a very small bit of gameplay that wouldn't bring the game full circle while new implementations are working towards that.

As for the "People on now" counter, how the heck do you guys camp it till it's in the 70s? Every time I see such posts I check and it's always over 140 :\ and unless they're all 24 hour a day nolifers, that's 140 at any given time, swapping out making it more like 280-400 active characters or whatever in the span of a day. Not that shabby for this sort of game. And sadly the game is indeed still in alpha/beta or whatever... and yes they do need to eat while they develop this stage of the game. It is what it is.

Most players are from Russia and Europe in general, just take a screen when it's nighttime there and tadaaaa. Seriously player count is in the 160ish right now. Player count or not, a good advertising of the game would change that... This is not really relevant.
stya

Postby jorb » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:28 pm

greenfingers85 wrote:It feels like this game is still in beta and you're charging people to play. .

It's worse than that. It's a permanent alpha.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby CSPAN » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Player referral rewards when?

Invited player sticks around, you get a super cool hat? Game time?
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Redlaw » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:03 pm

CSPAN wrote:Player referral rewards when?

Invite friends they kill you and take your freebies?
Redlaw

Postby CSPAN » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Redlaw wrote:

friends - kill you

not sure if thats how friends work.
CSPAN

Postby Redlaw » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:10 pm

Its the nature of the game, some times even your real life best friends run away with the fact they can well do anything. Even say sorry while killing you lol. Seen it happen in other games.
Redlaw

Postby CSPAN » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Its an incentive to invite more players to the game, I see no harm.

gamefugees welcome.
CSPAN

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Aisha wrote: haven does not support enough players for the content..

If you build it, they will come.

When the game is close to a "finished" state? What's the point of inviting someone if they're just going to look at it and quit without even downloading or five minutes into the game because they can't get past the learning hump?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements