Game Development: The Danger Zone

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Ukhata wrote:just keep developing this world. pay no heed to this angry people.
keep on making this world better, progress is always better than stagnation or even reversal.
keep on testing stuff, and see how it plays out.

shut up

Though I do agree it's nice to see them trying. Mistakes are cool IMO as long as they're willing to listen (which they are, to be 100% honest).
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

Image
User avatar
strpk0
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:44 pm

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby Ukhata » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:45 pm

strpk0 wrote:shut up

no!
strpk0 wrote:Though I do agree it's nice to see them trying. Mistakes are cool IMO as long as they're willing to listen (which they are, to be 100% honest).


this is basically what i said, just less words....
Ukhata
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 am

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Ukhata wrote:this is basically what i said, just less words....


And I was just stating my opinion. Sorry though, I'll shut up now.
*crawls back into the depths of hell*
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

Image
User avatar
strpk0
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:44 pm

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:19 pm

Ok, so we're reverting the ram changes for the immediate now. Might be some other update later tonight if we get someplace meaningful.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 17117
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby loftar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:26 pm

I do have to say, though, that while I see the problems with the ram destruction thing, I am left wondering why this wasn't a problem in Salem, where Trials by Fire had almost the exact same mechanic, only they were even only destructible 4 hours in advance.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
User avatar
loftar
 
Posts: 7421
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:31 pm

loftar wrote:I do have to say, though, that while I see the problems with the ram destruction thing, I am left wondering why this wasn't a problem in Salem, where Trials by Fire had almost the exact same mechanic, only they were even only destructible 4 hours in advance.

I don't know. Couldn't you just make it so you cannot place rams near each other (like should be always some free passable space between rams). I even think we got similar mechanics in W6, when you cannot build near house entrance.
The idea itself is pretty ok, sadly only farmers left here.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
User avatar
APXEOLOG
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Russia, Saint Petersburg

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby loftar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:32 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:I don't know. Couldn't you just make it so you cannot place rams near each other (like should be always some free passable space between rams). I even think we got similar mechanics in W6, when you cannot build near house entrance

Sure, that would have helped the ram-wall problem, but hardly the "build 20 rams one hour apart" problem.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
User avatar
loftar
 
Posts: 7421
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:33 pm

loftar wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:I don't know. Couldn't you just make it so you cannot place rams near each other (like should be always some free passable space between rams). I even think we got similar mechanics in W6, when you cannot build near house entrance

Sure, that would have helped the ram-wall problem, but hardly the "build 20 rams one hour apart" problem.

Oh, please. We had similar story with brick corner ram block in old hnh. You can do it, but noone was mad enough to do such things
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
User avatar
APXEOLOG
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Russia, Saint Petersburg

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby loftar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:36 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:Oh, please. We had similar story with brick corner ram block in old hnh. You can do it, but noone was mad enough to do such things

So this whole problem was merely a problem of rams being too cheap?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
User avatar
loftar
 
Posts: 7421
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby LadyGoo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Did you revert the 8 hour drying time, after the ram has been repaired? What happens if someone breaks the freshly made ram and repairs it? Will it set to 8 hour drying time, instead of 24?
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
User avatar
LadyGoo
 
Posts: 2767
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Avu and 7 guests