Game Development: The Danger Zone

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Danger Zone

Postby Ethan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:30 am

loftar wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:2. What prevents someone from just using slaughter on livestock instead?

jorb wrote:Leashing and shooing livestock now follow the same rules as slaughtering, i.e. they can only be performed with vandalism permissions.

1. Agro animal
2. lead it out through the rammed hole in the wall
3. ???
4. profit
Ethan

Postby pheonix » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:35 am

Im sorry but i rank this as a meh patch, i was really hoping for something interesting for us to go and try (eg more animals/trolls/breeding(horses/ants/ladybug/grubs). The finding stuff while fishing sounds good except for the fact that fishing currently is afk or the click random buttons version (a version where you have a meter that you have to balance in order to catch fish would be more entertaining).
pheonix

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:37 am

loftar wrote:For the record, things have been saved since yesterday, so there's already some phat l3wts to be had.

loftar wrote:
Jalpha wrote:Do you have a list?

Of? Items in the water? Then yes, I do, but I'm not telling. :)

Q10 stinging nettles? ..... :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Granger » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:38 am

loftar wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:2. What prevents someone from just using slaughter on livestock instead?

jorb wrote:Leashing and shooing livestock now follow the same rules as slaughtering, i.e. they can only be performed with vandalism permissions.

Do I read it correctly that one can't slaughter them anymore through criminal acts, or is the cost to kill off lifestock one SHP + vandalism scent?

On the timers of battering rams: really?
Reduced drying after repair leads to ramcheck now needed in greater distance to the wall, plus makes quite some village setups obsolete (since multiple walls can now be broken within 25% of the planned-for timeframe). At lease please remove the cascading on dried walls so rams only break the single wall tile when used on a settled wall - I strongly suspect it would cost active players in case someone could not only break into the inner wall but, while at it, also destroy walls made out of several thousand bricks en passant...

Additionally the 6h destroy window prior use is IMHO a very bad idea. I get it that you want to ease the illegal entrance, but to force one be online within that window as the only way to remove the danger to ones settlement is bad, since it interferes with sleep, work and life in general.

Please rethink this.

Fishing addon is cool though, Xsolla still missing.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:41 am

Granger wrote:Additionally the 6h destroy window prior use is IMHO a very bad idea. I get it that you want to ease the illegal entrance, but to force one be online within that window as the only way to remove the danger to ones settlement is bad, since it interferes with sleep, work and life in general.

What would be reasonable?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:44 am

Wonderful, so if someone is about to raid me I can simply build a straight line of rams across the side of my wall right before I go to bed. +18 hours to do something about the ram.
Not to mention the other (possible) ways an indestructible object can be abused.

It's like statues all over again, except temporary I guess. Still kind of defeats the purpose of this update?
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:46 am

haha indestructible for 18 hours after building. haha fun. haha not abusable. haha don't build a set of rams around an enemy ram that you can't be online to destroy/defend.

I'll give this update a 4 for effort.
DDDsDD999

Postby venatorvenator » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:47 am

Could you make rams not buildable in front of gates please? Because I suppose it would be easy to lock people in their hermitages, if it turns out rams can indeed block gate passages.
Last edited by venatorvenator on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Granger » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:48 am

jorb wrote:
Granger wrote:Additionally the 6h destroy window prior use is IMHO a very bad idea. I get it that you want to ease the illegal entrance, but to force one be online within that window as the only way to remove the danger to ones settlement is bad, since it interferes with sleep, work and life in general.

Good question.

Also this mechanic breaks with the trend to make new constructions destructable in the beginning (which was a good idea to prevent cheap griefing).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby LadyGoo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:49 am

jorb wrote:

Maybe extend the ram drying time for a few days, within which there would be several windows, when defending players could hit it? + would it be possible to have a smaller hitbox for the ram itself, but bigger hitbox for building it? Or make it passable, like hearthfires when it is invulnerable.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements