Game Development: Slingshot

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Slingshot

Postby abt79 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:20 pm

>ranged damage from perc
Haha yes, finally an update that does something for me and makes perception useful beyond getting mad you don't find fates
abt79

Postby Archiplex » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:35 am

jorb wrote:[*] Range on ranged weapons is now determined by the weapons' Essence, used to be Vitality.

Was this a thing before? I don't recall my tests every showing anything other than a 17 tile maximum range, regardless of quality of arrows nor bows
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 am

Archiplex wrote:Was this a thing before? I don't recall my tests every showing anything other than a 17 tile maximum range, regardless of quality of arrows nor bows

It sure was. If anything, it may well be possible that the effect on range is too small. Not sure, but may revise.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:44 am

Awesome! =D
TeckXKnight

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:46 am

Just for the record, if the sling turns out to be good and fun, we are strongly considering converting arrows and spears to projectiles as well. It's kind of a trial project.
loftar

Postby strpk0 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:18 am

loftar wrote:Just for the record, if the sling turns out to be good and fun, we are strongly considering converting arrows and spears to projectiles as well. It's kind of a trial project.

Spears perhaps are ok (though I don't honestly think many people actually use them), but with bows I would think the travel time would only nerf archery a decent bit.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby sabinati » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:16 am

loftar wrote:Just for the record, if the sling turns out to be good and fun, we are strongly considering converting arrows and spears to projectiles as well. It's kind of a trial project.

they aren't projectiles currently..?
sabinati

Postby DaniAngione » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:34 am

strpk0 wrote:

Spears perhaps are ok (though I don't honestly think many people actually use them), but with bows I would think the travel time would only nerf archery a decent bit.

I'm no pro game dev... But I'm fairly sure they can toy with projectile speed :P

I would like that. Not only it would be nicer, to see the arrow flying, being able to "dodge" it, etc....
But also (I might be wrong here) because I felt that... it's easier to aim the sling? I mean, not the speed the bar fills, the clicky part. Arrows sometimes behave awkwardly, they simply disappear or go to directions you weren't really expecting... Slings (and other projectiles like snowballs) tend to follow more consistent trajectories.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Darruin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:01 am

DaniAngione wrote:Now that we're at it, could we get the opposite, then? Like, some sort of "desecration" scent that allows for an even stronger (1.5 for example) Nidbane if a corpse is destroyed/thrown in water/etc so it is impossible to bury it? Or maybe just "buff" the murder scent nidbane (just like it is debuffed by burying)

This is actually a good idea because it would make players consider if they actually want to murder or not with that possibility (maybe like 1.3-1.4 instead). And the same angered spirit buff could be applied after a while if the raider locks the skeleton in a vault or something.
Darruin

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 am

sabinati wrote:they aren't projectiles currently..?

Not in the way the sling works.
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements