Game Development: Prelude

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:58 am

stya wrote:
What we want to do instead is to, rather than limit player time spent in the game, limit player ability. We, thus, want to introduce three ingame levels of level caps to both player stats and qualities -- 50, 125, and 200 -- corresponding to free play, verified account, and subscribed account.

The day this happens I quit, until then no more money.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but do you feel the current payment model is preferable? And if not, what would be better?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:59 am

qawrad wrote:last 100 players leave :D

Post count: 4. Player confirmed for losing a wicker basket and his very own pine tree.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby CSPAN » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:59 am

Well, I personally havent seen it, but I remember others saying its incomplete, or maybe it was the quest initiative. Just want to make sure the dozens of people I refer to play, that dont play because of the old payment model, will get a good grasp early on.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Kaios » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:59 am

jorb wrote:The metal change is one consideration among many. Devs suck, I know, and accept that.

Yeah but you're not listening to me again and you just admitted I was right before so I do in fact know and accept that you suck so many, many eggs
Kaios

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:59 am

I knew this was coming after Loftars comment earlier today so not surprised but sort of devestated ... I don't think it's the right time for a start, not with so much still missing or not right with the game but ofc your choice, I'm not sure I approve of the new payment model ... but admit I need time to digest it - guess Potjeh is happy though, lol. (<3)

I don't quite get all the other stuff, still taking it all in ... but yeah, you gave it away really Loftar. :P

Question ... what happens if you sub, reach the cap and then stop subbing? You stay at the higher stats? Don't you see a flaw with that?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby ddrboy54 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:59 am

jorb wrote:Correspondingly, we think that the shift between worlds is also the time to change the payment model.

You should consider changing your forum mods as well.
ddrboy54

Postby qawrad » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:01 am

i play this shit last 6 years. but today - bye world :lol:
qawrad

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:01 am

Amanda44 wrote:Question ... what happens if you sub, reach the cap and then stop subbing? You stay at the higher stats? Don't you see a flaw with that?

loftar wrote:The idea right now is that stats are temporarily debuffed when lacking a subscription, until the account is subscribed again. We've considered both debuffing them down to the default or to some higher value than that for having once had a subscription. Feel free to opine.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby sabinati » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 am

ddrboy54 wrote:
jorb wrote:Correspondingly, we think that the shift between worlds is also the time to change the payment model.

You should consider changing your forum mods as well.

agreed, mods are garbage
sabinati

Postby qawrad » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 am

if you have a 100$ - you win. hello new world :lol:
qawrad

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements