Game Development: Prelude

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude

Postby SpidersEverywhere » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 am

Hm. So I'm a hermit, not much past the 50 cap and unlikely to ever hit 125. I sort of feel like I just wasted my money on a 3 month subscription since it will now do absolutely nothing for me, especially when starting from scratch. I'm not sure how I feel about all this.
skreee
SpidersEverywhere

Postby DaniAngione » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 am

loftar wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Question ... what happens if you sub, reach the cap and then stop subbing? You stay at the higher stats? Don't you see a flaw with that?

loftar wrote:The idea right now is that stats are temporarily debuffed when lacking a subscription, until the account is subscribed again. We've considered both debuffing them down to the default or to some higher value than that for having once had a subscription. Feel free to opine.

Well, you guys love averaging stuff (like most quality calculations) so why not some sort of average from the non-sub cap and the current skill/attribute value?
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby boshaw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:04 am

Accepting donations!
boshaw

Postby passwort » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:04 am

That payment model is clearly pay2win, I wont say the old one was better, but the new one takes the illusion to be able to participate in late game and thus takes away the will to even start playing since all you will archieve is at most mediocre

My opinion: I dont like it
passwort

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:05 am

loftar wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Question ... what happens if you sub, reach the cap and then stop subbing? You stay at the higher stats? Don't you see a flaw with that?

loftar wrote:The idea right now is that stats are temporarily debuffed when lacking a subscription, until the account is subscribed again. We've considered both debuffing them down to the default or to some higher value than that for having once had a subscription. Feel free to opine.

Right, sorry, missed that bit ... a lot to take in ... :)

So blackmail then ... :lol: ( ¦] )
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:05 am

passwort wrote:That payment model is clearly pay2win,

Technically speaking, you don't win for paying. In particular, you don't win more by paying more. If anything, you don't win if you don't pay, but that's a different thing.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby stya » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:05 am

passwort wrote:That payment model is clearly pay2win, I wont say the old one was better, but the new one takes the illusion to be able to participate in late game and thus takes away the will to even start playing since all you will archieve is at most mediocre

My opinion: I dont like it

This is why I'll quit, even though I paid already.
stya

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 am

jorb wrote:
qawrad wrote:last 100 players leave :D

Post count: 4. Player confirmed for losing a wicker basket and his very own pine tree.

Farther than you ever got it seems.

200 stat caps, lol
DDDsDD999

Postby bmjclark » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 am

I'm out
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby CSPAN » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 am

SpidersEverywhere wrote:Hm. So I'm a hermit, not much past the 50 cap and unlikely to ever hit 125. I sort of feel like I just wasted my money on a 3 month subscription since it will now do absolutely nothing for me, especially when starting from scratch. I'm not sure how I feel about all this.

Games in Alpha, or eternal alpha arent concrete, you should always keep in the back of your mind a drastic change can come, this game is experimenting to find its niche. Your sub will carry over to the next iteration, to what I think will be a much healthier world.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements