Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:23 am

A lot of things that I like and sound better than before, larger inventory space on start up will be handy and nice to see beds have returned. Looking forward to getting the painting skill and new resources - nice. :)

Siege sounds interesting and though not a pvp player am looking forward to seeing how they get on with it. Am relieved kingdoms haven't made an appearance as yet though ... :P

I quite liked the tri-quality system, though admittedly not at first, improvements there were needed though and sounds like you have fixed that perfectly.

Gold & Silver boulders should be rarer.

Not that I don't agree ... but, I never found them when they were more frequent, lol, guess I'm destined to never find them now. :(

I'm glad you decided to raise the cap from 200 to 300 but I'm still not sure enough has been done to retain players once they reach it if I'm honest ... however, overall, you still get my vote. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby naosnule » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:27 am

Granger wrote:
Grable wrote:Is there a reason why you aren't locking the accounts to only allow creating one character? This means dedicated players who want to spam alts and progress at the fastest rate will have to sub multiple accounts, which should result in either more revenue for you or less alts in the world, or most likely, both. Win-win?

Won't matter for alts, since they're most likely farmed for developed villages which can supply superios curios and food (canceling the subscription buff) and can equip gear to do the rest.

Right now if it stays like it is in this thread, subscribers will have a % bonus to all their characters on one account. Since Jorb says he wants to avoid nerfs, that means that they would never remove having multiple characters on same account. If you start right away with only allowing one character per account, that means subscribers only get one character that is affected by the bonus, then later on the devs can increase the bonus to affect more characters or increase the bonus towards that character.

Edit: I dislike that the current subscriber bonus encourages having multiple characters on same account.
Last edited by naosnule on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
naosnule

Postby VDZ » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:27 am

Grable wrote:Is there a reason why you aren't locking the accounts to only allow creating one character? This means dedicated players who want to spam alts and progress at the fastest rate will have to sub multiple accounts, which should result in either more revenue for you or less alts in the world, or most likely, both. Win-win?

The only thing it will result in is the creation of more free accounts for alt spam. Plus of course that people with legit secondary characters get screwed over.

jorb wrote:Fast Travel
  • Charter stones cannot be built on the cave levels.

Why do you hate cave homes so much, Jorb?
VDZ

Postby Chebermech » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:27 am

jorb wrote:If given the simple choice I'd much rather make one dollar each from a thousand people, than ten from a hundred.

does this mean you will adjust the price for subs? i hope you find a way to make subscription a little bit more attractive, because right now i don't see much benefit, maybe add some cosmetic perks, that don't have an effect on the actual gameplay, like character visual customization hair, beards, skin colour, animations, etc.
Chebermech

Postby Glorthan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:36 am

vasili777 wrote:Does that 30 lvls affect your ability for PVP?

My first response was in regard to that:
Yes, slightly. The accelerated growth-rate is likely far more pertinent.

Given that stat differences usually work as the square or cube of level difference (There's a patch somewhere with the exact info) the difference to combat ability will be slight if both players have similar equipment and are at their respective caps, even between free and subscribed.

I also said that the growth-rate of +30% as opposed to +10% for a single payment was probably more important as it allows you to:
  • reach the stat caps faster initially, and have higher stats during the early stages of the world
  • rebuild your character faster after a death
  • get higher quality materials faster

Of course having a large village is also massively important for building and rebuilding your character too.
Glorthan

Postby LadyV » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 am

Looks interesting. :)
LadyV

Postby alioli » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 am

I appreciate and, definitly approve of this new sub system. Much fairer for all.
Can't wait to come back :)
alioli

Postby CSPAN » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:49 am

Now can I ask about the best of the best in resource quality for w8, Jorb? :D
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby stya » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:49 am

Overall I'm really happy with the update! It really looks like you read us and made up your system with our+your ideas which is just awesome.

alioli wrote:I appreciate and, definitly approve of this new sub system. Much fairer for all.
Can't wait to come back :)

While I was worried about a totally unfair system, I now fear a not paying incentive enough system, I hope it will be ok for you guys :)
stya

Postby gad432 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:54 am

What about palisade soak? or BW? May it be destroed by hands?
gad432

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements