Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby Grable » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:06 am

jorb wrote:
Astarisk and a lot of others wrote:I don't think it incentive's enough to sub

Good! That hopefully means we're not standing in the way of the game.

It's much easier for us to increase the incentives to sub later on, than to go in the other direction and reduce them. If we find that this model doesn't better approximate the optimal solution then we can easily add more incentives to sub, but I'd rather start out with something that is comparatively mild, and try to go from there. That was always the intention, tbt, but with the subscription time we miscalculated badly on what the incentives actually were. I hope this is better.

If given the simple choice I'd much rather make one dollar each from a thousand people, than ten from a hundred.

I think the new payment model is one of the best you can go with, I just hope it also works out for you financially, and if it doesn't, that you can find reasonable additions to add incentive to purchase a sub.
Grable

Postby Ganhart » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:09 am

Is there ETA of new world becoming online?
Ganhart

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:09 am

jorb wrote:*speaking*

does this mean you are awake now, or you never went to bed? is the game coming up soon??!?
FerrousToast

Postby Glorthan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:10 am

vasili777 wrote:I am new to game. What you think guys about lvl cap? Will it affect pvp ability of player?

Yes, slightly. The accelerated growth-rate is likely far more pertinent.

vasili777 wrote:Does this make game pay 2 win?

No, in the same way that WoW is not "pay2win", because the subscription model is not at all similar to a type of freemium model that could be considered "pay2win".
Glorthan

Postby vasili777 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:11 am

Glorthan wrote:
vasili777 wrote:I am new to game. What you think guys about lvl cap? Will it affect pvp ability of player?

Yes, slightly. The accelerated growth-rate is likely far more pertinent.

No, in the same way that WoW is not "pay2win", because the subscription model is not at all similar to a type of freemium model that could be considered "pay2win".

Does that 30 lvls affect your ability for PVP?
vasili777

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:13 am

FerrousToast wrote:
jorb wrote:*speaking*

does this mean you are awake now, or you never went to bed? is the game coming up soon??!?

I'm up and about, but loftar probably isn't for a few hours.

I got a good five hours of sleep or so. It's all good.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Grable » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:17 am

Is there a reason why you aren't locking the accounts to only allow creating one character? This means dedicated players who want to spam alts and progress at the fastest rate will have to sub multiple accounts, which should result in either more revenue for you or less alts in the world, or most likely, both. Win-win?

Can we get a hint on how the new fate system functions, considering it was significantly (or by how it sounds from loftar, completely) changed?
Last edited by Grable on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grable

Postby naosnule » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:18 am

Grable wrote:Is there a reason why you aren't locking the accounts to only allow creating one character? This means dedicated players who want to spam alts and progress at the fastest rate will have to sub multiple accounts, which should result in either more revenue for you or less alts in the world, or most likely, both. Win-win?

This. Allow only one character per account, thx.
naosnule

Postby slipper » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:19 am

vasili777 wrote:I am new to game. What you think guys about lvl cap?

A 300/310/330 cap is pretty much meaningless.

Free players won't have a time restraint and will have enough stats to make use of the best natural resources, so no.

vasili777 wrote:Will it affect pvp ability of player?

Not really. I'd say it will give subscribers maybe a 5% edge depending on the stage of the game.
slipper

Postby Granger » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:19 am

Grable wrote:Is there a reason why you aren't locking the accounts to only allow creating one character? This means dedicated players who want to spam alts and progress at the fastest rate will have to sub multiple accounts, which should result in either more revenue for you or less alts in the world, or most likely, both. Win-win?

Won't matter for alts, since they're most likely farmed for developed villages which can supply superios curios and food (canceling the subscription buff) and can equip gear to do the rest.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements