Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:59 am

gad432 wrote:What about palisade soak? or BW? May it be destroed by hands?

Updated op. Palisades have 30 soak and 2500HP. Brick Walls have 50 soak and 3000HP.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby banok » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:05 am

Guessing I'm the only one that prefers the previous proposed payment model.

I was hoping having stat caps lower at 125/200 would mean factions care less about losing mid to end tier characters and so do more reckless pvp. Plus I would never personally be bothered to grind past 150-200 anyway.

But stat caps at 300 for everyone will just mean the same old mega cautious grind playstyle. Factions were too secretive (scared?) to even declare themselves in coalition against us in the stale politics of world 8. Fair play to new brodgar in hindsight for having some balls in that regard.

Also not sure I like the idea of leveling up faster, prefered the idea of big cap differences which tax the grind whores specifically.

But whatevs probs just gona hermit world 9. Feels like world 10 is not far away.
banok

Postby gad432 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:07 am

jorb wrote:Updated op. Palisades have 30 soak and 2500HP. Brick Walls have 50 soak and 3000HP.

no palibasher :o :( :shock:
gad432

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:14 am

Question on the claims: do the private claims inside of a village have their own shield as well?
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:19 am

jorb wrote:We may/most likely will extend the map soonish

please don't
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Raffeh » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:22 am

stya wrote:While I was worried about a totally unfair system, I now fear a not paying incentive enough system, I hope it will be ok for you guys :)

I can see a lot of people subbing in their early char lives and then just sitting on a verified account/free account once they hit the top because they will no longer require a 30% boost in stats and the 30/20 points of skill cap difference will be so small especially compared with bonuses provided from items etc.

Getting to 300 in all the stats you are after could take some people a while. people are posting myths of 2 months, yeah maybe for hard core no sleep players with bots but the normal population who work etc. might take 4 - 6 months or longer!. Which is still 4 - 6 months of subscription for people willing to pay for the bonus LP gain.
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby trinh » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:27 am

Raffeh wrote:normal population who work

If you did not notice this game is not designed for normal population :D
trinh

Postby banok » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:33 am

Hey jorb can you please change it so you can only have 1 character per account, so that if you want the 10/30% bonuses for your alts you at least need to verify/subscribe multiple accounts?

This is a great way for you to make more money from the super serial factions, and reduce alting as its effectively more expensive. while not effecting regular players at all.

Alternatively you could make it so you can only apply the verify/subscription effects to 1 character in your account at a time. But custom clients switch accounts so easily that I dont think it matters that much restricting 1 character per account.
banok

Postby LadyV » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:46 am

banok wrote:Hey jorb can you please change it so you can only have 1 character per account, so that if you want the 10/30% bonuses for your alts you at least need to verify/subscribe multiple accounts?

This is a great way for you to make more money from the super serial factions, and reduce alting as its effectively more expensive. while not effecting regular players at all.

Alternatively you could make it so you can only apply the verify/subscription effects to 1 character in your account at a time. But custom clients switch accounts so easily that I dont think it matters that much restricting 1 character per account.

No. You would take away the fun of making an alt to just explore and learn. If I made a mistake on one character I would be stuck on your system. No thank you I'd rather have the freedom to start over with no penalties.
LadyV

Postby Enrymion » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:46 am

banok wrote:Hey jorb can you please change it so you can only have 1 character per account.
That might make some weird people who play multiple characters independently sad.
Also I doubt the current incentive is enough for super serial factions to bother subbing their alts.
Enrymion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements