Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:40 am

Glorthan wrote:
Tamalak wrote:At least give me the choice to spawn in the same supergrid as a friend so it doesn't take ages to get to them.

It is MUCH HARDER to introduce friends to the game when you can't spawn together.

+1. You can't really introduce brand new friends to the game if they have to spend hours walking to find you, and this way they miss the best stages of the game: the intial time before the charterstone goes up. You should be able to construct a one use structure to spawn a friend/alt at that doesn't require developed materials.

The update looks very nice by the way.

+1.
perhaps it could be like, a waypost? takes wood (so labor from a few players if you want one asap) and a few dreams that you can only spawn a new player at, and can't be traveled too?
FerrousToast

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:41 am

Tamalak wrote:It is MUCH HARDER to introduce friends to the game when you can't spawn together.

Well, you know how it is...

...we just can't have nice things.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby boshaw » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:43 am

Ethan wrote:Looks like an ok approach, if a bit boring.
A shield heals 24000HP a day.
You can do 4000HP an hour.
Raiders need to able to login for a minimum of period of 7 hours a day, to damage the shield more than it heals.
Doing an hour extra damage (4000hp) means the siege will last 15 days.
I hope you are expanding this system.

build 6 catapults at once!
boshaw

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:44 am

Glorthan wrote:
Tamalak wrote:At least give me the choice to spawn in the same supergrid as a friend so it doesn't take ages to get to them.

It is MUCH HARDER to introduce friends to the game when you can't spawn together.

+1. You can't really introduce brand new friends to the game if they have to spend hours walking to find you, and this way they miss the best stages of the game: the intial time before the charterstone goes up. You should be able to construct a one use structure to spawn a friend/alt at that doesn't require developed materials.

The update looks very nice by the way.

I don't really disagree. Some means of at least helping your friends get to you early in the game would be good, but if we can easily build a structure to spawn friends early game they may as well just reintroduce HF spawning. I don't think they're interested in that, but I'm not really certain.

A structure like that would need to be appropriately expensive for the early game, or have a severe cooldown attached to it, or both. Otherwise it would become easily exploitable for mass spawning pretty quickly.

Edit: What about an increasing LP cost per spawn, alongside a hefty (24h?) cooldown, also applied to the character spawned. Reasonable? My thought being if you're interested in spawning friends in early there should be some tradeoff. Having it just cost wood and dreams or any other basic resources is far too cheap.
Last edited by Audiosmurf on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:47 am

Audiosmurf wrote:I don't really disagree. Some means of at least helping your friends get to you early in the game would be good, but if we can easily build a structure to spawn friends early game they may as well just reintroduce HF spawning. I don't think they're interested in that, but I'm not really certain.

A structure like that would need to be appropriately expensive for the early game, or have a severe cooldown attached to it, or both. Otherwise it would become easily exploitable for mass spawning pretty quickly.

well what if it had a very high cost for early game, and it could only spawn a single character before it was no good?
FerrousToast

Postby Shrapnelx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:48 am

Still no info on the damn

Altar of Ruin

IS IT STAYING OR NO!?

IF SO, ANY LIMITS?
Shrapnelx

Postby gad432 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:49 am

boshaw wrote:build 6 catapults at once!

sheld takes 4000 damage.even it wil bee 200 catapults.
gad432

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:49 am

Shrapnelx wrote:Still no info on the damn

Altar of Ruin

IS IT STAYING OR NO!?

IF SO, ANY LIMITS?

this was answered before this update. It's not in
FerrousToast

Postby barra » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:51 am

Resubbed. Most changes are good, especially the payment system.
loftar wrote:You do appear to need a good trolling.
barra

Postby Ethan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:51 am

boshaw wrote:
Ethan wrote:Looks like an ok approach, if a bit boring.
A shield heals 24000HP a day.
You can do 4000HP an hour.
Raiders need to able to login for a minimum of period of 7 hours a day, to damage the shield more than it heals.
Doing an hour extra damage (4000hp) means the siege will last 15 days.
I hope you are expanding this system.

build 6 catapults at once!

You can still only do a maximum or 4000hp damage an hour to the shield.
Which if each catapult can fire 3 times an hour (min 1800 damage). Should only need 2 catapults firing 3 times an hour.
Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements