Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby Shrapnelx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:52 am

FerrousToast wrote:
Shrapnelx wrote:Still no info on the damn

Altar of Ruin

IS IT STAYING OR NO!?

IF SO, ANY LIMITS?

this was answered before this update. It's not in

Thank you. Was that so hard answer that?

Altar was a good idea but that kind of power should never be in the hands of players ever again..
Shrapnelx

Postby Onep » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 am

loftar wrote:
Tamalak wrote:It is MUCH HARDER to introduce friends to the game when you can't spawn together.

Well, you know how it is...

...we just can't have nice things.

If that is such a problem, you should directly deal with it. Just globally preventing anyone from easily playing with their friends is a much larger barrier to entry. The game already has a steep learning curve and I think the player base needs as much help as it can get.
You could easily prevent alt spamming if you just put a timer on spawning at a friend's hearthfire or some other alternative. This seems like a lazy alternative to me.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Ethan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:05 am

Onep wrote:
loftar wrote:
Tamalak wrote:It is MUCH HARDER to introduce friends to the game when you can't spawn together.

If that is such a problem, you should directly deal with it. Just globally preventing anyone from easily playing with their friends is a much larger barrier to entry. The game already has a steep learning curve and I think the player base needs as much help as it can get.
You could easily prevent alt spamming if you just put a timer on spawning at a friend's hearthfire or some other alternative. This seems like a lazy alternative to me.

I think some kind of 1 and done structure would be fine.
Maybe you build an unlit hearth fire, that your buddy inherits when he spawns.
Ethan

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:26 am

loftar wrote:

I mean, that whole picture is rendered pretty moot since you can just move the dead bodies away. There's not that much abuse alts can do that that requires tons of them.
DDDsDD999

Postby ctopolon2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:27 am

test time
ctopolon2

Postby stickman » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:38 am

have you given any thought to the combat skills? unarmed moves like KYTO and low blow cannot do any damage after early game.

With stats being capped there is no hope that they will be viable late game either. unarmed combat is used soley to break defence for melee combat or for defence...

it would be nice if they penetrated slightly or had some effect on the opponent if it was not blocked...

example effect: KYTO makes one random move on the opponents bar unavailable for 2 seconds if not blocked.... or Kick reduces your opponents max speed to walking for 2 seconds (acting like a trip). these are just examples I didn't give them much thought...... tripping an animal might let you catch it if it runs though!

I think combat needs more variety....
stickman

Postby vatas » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:47 am

I think that spawning to your friend should be a thing somehow. Maybe some marker thing where your friend will spawn but can only be built in the spawn grid?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:50 am

vatas wrote:I think that spawning to your friend should be a thing somehow. Maybe some marker thing where your friend will spawn but can only be built in the spawn grid?

jorb wrote:
  • The map will initially be generated at a size of 250x250 minimaps (the same as worlds 3-7). We may/most likely will extend the map soonish, but the intention is to make and keep a significantly smaller world.
  • New characters will spawn all over the initial 250x250 minimaps, rather than the central 50x50 as they presently do.

Spawn zone is the whole zone now, though.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby naosnule » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:05 am

30% is barely enough. I am afraid that only a few people will subscribe at those rates. Most that would subscribe at those rates would only do so then as a "donation" rather than for the benefits. I suggest changing it quickly to 50% after a few days if you notice that too few people are subscribing at those rates.
naosnule

Postby Fenume » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:08 am

Update look nice. But i afraid the map maybe to small. What map size was in last world?
Fenume

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements