Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Prelude pt. II

Postby Glorthan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:10 am

loftar wrote:
Tamalak wrote:It is MUCH HARDER to introduce friends to the game when you can't spawn together.

Well, you know how it is...

...we just can't have nice things.

This is precisely why I agree with you in removing infinite heathfire spawns. But if it cost five dreams (and other random forageable or whatever materials) per one use spawn structure, then it would be very difficult to abusively create massive amounts of alts near other people, due to how difficult it is to obtain dreams. A chain of alts laden with inventories of dreams could possibly be used for abuse, but it's a lot easier to defend than having one alt's hearthfire spawn 500 alts in a matter of minutes.

The cooldown idea also could work nicely, but you do have the exponential growth of spawnability if the cooldown is relatively short, or a barrier for larger groups if it's long (arguably not an issue?).
Glorthan

Postby naosnule » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:14 am

Regarding fixing the spawn thing for people wanting to play with friends from start: what about enabling hearth secret spawning only for the first week?

Edit: You could also add it as a subscriber or verified bonus, to allow them to spawn 5-10 friends per week to their location.
Last edited by naosnule on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
naosnule

Postby Glorthan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:21 am

Fenume wrote:Update look nice. But i afraid the map maybe to small. What map size was in last world?

According to loftar the bounds were 175,000×175,000 and the new one is 25,000×25,000. But the old world was diamond shaped or (roughly) circular I think, so the area wasn't as big as the bounds would leave you to believe.

reference:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=46591&p=606408#p606408
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=46591&p=606419#p606419
Glorthan

Postby Granger » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:33 am

Enable spawn on a randomly spawned (not built) HF for 24h?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Potjeh » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:37 am

Charterstone travel is still in :cry:

Also, not so sure there's enough of an incentive to subscribe.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Leon232 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:02 am

i can totally live with that payment model, thank you for listening to the players :P
Leon232

Postby Denkar » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:14 am

I really like the unlimited playtime. Congratulations, and thank you for making this decision!
Having that said, I don't think there's enough incentive for people to subscribe. The few people that would pay for the 30% boost are the ones who will reach the cap the soonest and the incentive to subscribe will be gone. It is illogical.

My suggestion, just in case it counts:
- Lower the level cap for free players.
- Remove the level cap for subscribers.
- Only allow one (or two, if too many people complain) characters per account.
This makes regular players verify, hardcore players subscribe, and encourages everyone to stick to one character instead of mass producing alts.
Denkar

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:16 am

jorb wrote:There is a new skill called Painting which allows access to Sketch and Pigment crafting, which are available to anyone. Sketchpages from the store can instead be used to craft any pattern, irrespective of complexity, without the need for pigments or other inputs.

waaaaaaaaitaminute.... does this mean we can reasonably make every village flag have the same image without needing to pay for a sketchpad per village flag, it will just take a shitton of resources???? :D
FerrousToast

Postby shubla » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:43 am

FerrousToast wrote:
jorb wrote:There is a new skill called Painting which allows access to Sketch and Pigment crafting, which are available to anyone. Sketchpages from the store can instead be used to craft any pattern, irrespective of complexity, without the need for pigments or other inputs.

waaaaaaaaitaminute.... does this mean we can reasonably make every village flag have the same image without needing to pay for a sketchpad per village flag, it will just take a shitton of resources???? :D

Exactly.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby simimi » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:52 am

Glorthan wrote:
Tamalak wrote:At least give me the choice to spawn in the same supergrid as a friend so it doesn't take ages to get to them.

It is MUCH HARDER to introduce friends to the game when you can't spawn together.

+1. You can't really introduce brand new friends to the game if they have to spend hours walking to find you, and this way they miss the best stages of the game: the intial time before the charterstone goes up. You should be able to construct a one use structure to spawn a friend/alt at that doesn't require developed materials.

The update looks very nice by the way.

The problem is that your freind will have to train and make a boat before being able to reach you with the new river system.
And basicaly, everybody spawn on an island, if this island is tiny, this could take a long time to train boat building with dandelions ( if you dont spawn in a pine biome).
And I dont talk about wood, if there was previous spawns in your isle, there could be no more trees ...
simimi

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements