Game Development: Colorful Troll

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby Kaios » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:41 pm

romovs wrote:Is that with the latest 1.28.3 version? I haven't applied loftar's patch to previous versions.


oh yes my mistake I had the previous version, looks fine now
User avatar
Kaios
 
Posts: 8339
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby hlor45s » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:25 am

Thedrah wrote:holy shit batman.

200+ mc. can you pray tell of the bone quality? i'm curious if we can tell anything from the quality as to how difficult earlier level ones are
and to be able to tell it has 200+ mc must mean at least one could go toe to toe with it at least if only in defending


he was have q 180 190 200... too low))))


and about strat for kill. i was use 1 archer 1 mine hole and ~20 nekit alt who just diedand died....
User avatar
hlor45s
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby mietzi94 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:24 am

hlor45s wrote:
Thedrah wrote:holy shit batman.

200+ mc. can you pray tell of the bone quality? i'm curious if we can tell anything from the quality as to how difficult earlier level ones are
and to be able to tell it has 200+ mc must mean at least one could go toe to toe with it at least if only in defending


he was have q 180 190 200... too low))))


and about strat for kill. i was use 1 archer 1 mine hole and ~20 nekit alt who just diedand died....


they should raise the q.. ive seen a lot of bears with higher q and they are not as rare as a troll and are so easy to kill..
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
User avatar
mietzi94
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby Aurion » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:55 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Removing mine supports now only causes caveins if the removed minesupport had at some point prevented a cavein. All existing mine supports count as having prevented a cavein.


From what I understand of this information, does this mean that you would not be able to build new mine supports to cover previously supported areas and then smash old mine supports?
Or would destroying the old supports add a "tick" to the new supports stating that they prevented a cave-in?
User avatar
Aurion
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:57 am

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby ravenguard19 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:31 pm

mietzi94 wrote:
hlor45s wrote:
Thedrah wrote:holy shit batman.

200+ mc. can you pray tell of the bone quality? i'm curious if we can tell anything from the quality as to how difficult earlier level ones are
and to be able to tell it has 200+ mc must mean at least one could go toe to toe with it at least if only in defending


he was have q 180 190 200... too low))))


and about strat for kill. i was use 1 archer 1 mine hole and ~20 nekit alt who just diedand died....


they should raise the q.. ive seen a lot of bears with higher q and they are not as rare as a troll and are so easy to kill..


220 bears pretty easy to find
Image

Because we can and we will.... die!
User avatar
ravenguard19
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby Ysh » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:15 pm

jorb wrote:We have begun discussing the prospect of taking some time to fix "object controlled objects", a server engine upgrade which basically would allow for some objects to depend upon other objects in a more developed fashion. The immediate purpose of this would be to allow for objects which can actually be walked upon, which could potentially allow us to do things like walk-on-walls, rafts that can actually be walked upon and onto, non-pocket world houses, and bridges. It is a significant project, so it might be more than one week in the making. I'm not 100% that we'll go for this next week, but we want to do it at some point in the not too distant future, mostly because it seems like one of the more significant level ups we can give the game, but also because it is foundational enough that plenty of things could potentially come to depend on it, so it'd be nice to have out of the way.

I am assumed that these changes can be still on the way. It seems that without some ''pocket dimension'' buildings is to mean that the building can have a 1:1 spaces with the real world and to be in the same world mapping. Right now we can only have some previously fabricated building types with fixed looks, sizings. Will these new object controlled buildings replace the prefab buildings? Can the intentions be for us to be able with building our own buildings using some walls, stairs, ceiling constructions? I think this is a good way to be going. I think this game could be using some ''mega constructions'' like the dwarf building game. What do the people think about this one?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
User avatar
Ysh
 
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:43 am
Location: Chatting some friends on forum

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby Granger » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Possible, eventually, would like it.

In case you wonder: answers to your questions.
Please check Announcements, Game Guides, GLoSQ before posting questions, search is your friend.
Follow the Bug Report HOWTO to ease solving your issue and, in general, The Rules.
User avatar
Granger
 
Posts: 9170
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby jorb » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:50 pm

A more free form building system is certainly on my wishlist.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 17196
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby Enjoyment » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:51 pm

jorb wrote:Removing mine supports now only causes caveins if the removed minesupport had at some point prevented a cavein. All existing mine supports count as having prevented a cavein.
Enjoy!

Image
Just removed mine support left of mine char and here's cave-in, though that area was totally covered by 2 other supports.
If I just get the quote wrong, than... what the hell does it means at all?
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:32 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Yes you got the quote wrong, it means that if there was supposed to be a cave-in somewhere in the area that got covered by support and you remove the support the cave in will collapse, no matter if there is another support around or not. If you see the cave-in dust while mining and you place a support and then you destroy it = cavein.
Confirmed best farmer in the game

epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke


viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
User avatar
Ozzy123
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:27 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests