Game Development: Colorful Troll

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Colorful Troll

Postby Enjoyment » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:Yes you got the quote wrong, it means that if there was supposed to be a cave-in somewhere in the area that got covered by support and you remove the support the cave in will collapse, no matter if there is another support around or not. If you see the cave-in dust while mining and you place a support and then you destroy it = cavein.

Ok, now I get it, thx Ozzy.
One little question than - what is the reason of this fix? I thought it was for more secure removing of useless supports, but if it doeasn't - than what does it changes?
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby Teleskop » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Enjoyment wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:Yes you got the quote wrong, it means that if there was supposed to be a cave-in somewhere in the area that got covered by support and you remove the support the cave in will collapse, no matter if there is another support around or not. If you see the cave-in dust while mining and you place a support and then you destroy it = cavein.

One little question than - what is the reason of this fix? I thought it was for more secure removing of useless supports, but if it doeasn't - than what does it changes?

nothing,as most of recent updates ¦]
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Enjoyment » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:10 pm

Teleskop wrote:
Enjoyment wrote:

nothing,as most of recent updates ¦]

I meant - does this works some different way earlier - cause it seems to that it doesn't...
How could the cave-in become at all in that area, if mine-ladder supposed to be a support like?
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby Enjoyment » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:11 pm

I just wanted my humble underground base to look pretty without some shitty useless supports. Thx, Jobtar.
And do U think Im able to remove this?:
Yeap, I am - just need to build a ram.. WTF???
Please, Jorb, fix the cave-ins
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby Karede » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Should have built pretty supports, it's all over now
Karede

Postby jorb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Enjoyment wrote:Please, Jorb, fix the cave-ins

What's wrong with them? Judging by your screenshot they are working just fine.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Duane » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:25 pm

jorb wrote:

He's mad he can't remove supports without getting cave-ins because reasons. They're fine. He just got his head hit too hard.
Duane

Postby Ysh » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Duane wrote:
jorb wrote:

He's mad he can't remove supports without getting cave-ins because reasons. They're fine. He just got his head hit too hard.

He is mad because it will cave in if a support is removed, even if another support is still doing some support to the area.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby DaniAngione » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 pm

This support thing has been explained already and it makes perfect sense. If other supports prevented cave ins from removed supports, you would be able to completely strip a huge area of supports leaving just the last one (or removing the last one for just one cave in) by strategically linking and properly removing them. This would make no sense (a huge dug area with no supports at all)

I see no reason why this is such a big complaint anyway... If one wants to take advantage of some of the benefits of having a settlement in a mine, for example, they better deal with some drawbacks too :P
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby RamboMesser » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:46 pm

DaniAngione wrote:This support thing has been explained already and it makes perfect sense. If other supports prevented cave ins from removed supports, you would be able to completely strip a huge area of supports leaving just the last one (or removing the last one for just one cave in) by strategically linking and properly removing them. This would make no sense (a huge dug area with no supports at all)

I see no reason why this is such a big complaint anyway... If one wants to take advantage of some of the benefits of having a settlement in a mine, for example, they better deal with some drawbacks too :P

how would that work? The last support would have to cover all the tiles that would cave in.
RamboMesser

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements