Game Development: Convenient Salve

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Convenient Salve

Postby Avu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:25 am

Delamore wrote:
burgingham wrote:
loftar wrote:No, too OP, crosses the line into p2w

Can't quite tell if serious...

Time is the most important variable in MMOs and giving some people more time to play within the time they play makes them progress faster than a person with the same amount of real time spent, but no subscription.

I am not saying this is a bad model. It seems ok to me. Just pointing out that it is in a sense pay to win.

I was always under the impression that pay to win was used to describe cashshop like elements where money could be continually sunk to get bonuses over other players, not to describe premium/subscription systems
P2W as a term to describe F2P games that let you buy ingame stuff.

Premium is most often pay to win. But it's really a matter of perspective. If it's a subscription game with free trial then yes it's not pay to win. If it's a free game with premium then it is pay to win.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Sever » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:48 am

The game already went pay2win when stat caps were introduced. This is just a more extreme example, and I think the problem with it might be that it would make an enormous difference in a brand new world because of tree chopping.

Getting out of the stone age faster is like adding rockets to a moped. I have no idea what that means.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby majorevers » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:48 am

Didn't see it on here, but I scrolled through a bit quick: Why don't antlers/tusks count as horns for the salve? They're moderately difficult to obtain early on (IMHO) and are in-technicality and spirit "Horns"; made of bone on the head of their respective beasts.
majorevers

Postby Bearcub » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:54 am

Den4X wrote:Somebody already know how to craft Hartshorn Salve?

1. Boil antlers (tried with deer one's)
2. ....
3. Profit

Truly no idea what else is required, I might have not discovered it yet
Bearcub

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:56 am

Bearcub wrote:Truly no idea what else is required, I might have not discovered it yet

Did you rediscover them?
Asking since most of the time when new stuff is added you need a discovery first, even when the stuff is already known...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Grable » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:08 am

Convenience speed bonus seems fair to me. I'm glad to hear that you're thinking about curiosity and combat overhaul, mostly curiosity. I hope it'll be a fun thing to do and not just something you 'have' to do.
Grable

Postby Bearcub » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:08 am

Granger wrote:
Bearcub wrote:Truly no idea what else is required, I might have not discovered it yet

Did you rediscover them?
Asking since most of the time when new stuff is added you need a discovery first, even when the stuff is already known...

Do I actually need to discover antlers (haven't rediscover most of stuff from butchering)? I only "rediscovered" hartshorn (thing u get from boiling antlers). Tried to apply it to injure and nothing happenned.
Bearcub

Postby medulla14 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06 am

I love the Troll stuff<3
medulla14

Postby Undefined » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:15 am

Very nice, a big incentive to subscribe but not one which causes any real balance issue. All the pay2win talk is just hot air, pay to quality of life. I don't think someone chopping trees or sawing boards quicker has any impact on their level of winning.

Troll change I'll have to see to appreciate I think, a while is an obscure measurement of time. I would hope it's at least the (IMO silly band-aid fix) 2 seconds combat start cooldown, enough time to raise a defense and/or start making an escape attempt. I have quite expansive mining tunnels with a road network, if I pop a troll a long way from the entrance with negligible stamina I'm going to need to stop to drink and run a good 5-6 minimaps using a mix of speed 3 and 4 to stay ahead. Obviously though chances of survival just increased significantly from zero to something which is great.
I'll have to adapt to troll possibility, but at least now it can be adapted to.
Undefined

Postby Tarnum » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 am

In this game time is must important. Build and craft is a big part of game. Well if you can build/craft on 2x speed, you will got alot time for found best curioses and make food + you got 30% extra lp.
For exemple boiling river pearl mussels eat alot time (i hunt on pearls around 1-2 hours every day), with 2x speed you can easy make pearl necklace and got MORE % lp.
Well it means play without subscribe is just a waste of time.
Now i see choice: stop play in this game or buy subscribe, not shoure whot i will choice because this game is not for 1 mounth, it will need pay every mounth by years.

I think 30% is big advantage already. But yes, when you got 330 cup here 2 ways: 1) pvp 2) build something cool like a trade city or something

Well, add craft/build speed is good idia, but this % seems too high.
W3 LS of Boar Bay
W4 LS of Herbalist
W5 LS of Axes village
W6 LS of Abode of Hermit
W7 LS of Tarnum's Hermitage
W8 Hermit
W9 Emerald City, Ni Knights
W10 King of Silver Soul
W11 AD, LS of Ocean Store
Tarnum

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements