Game Development: Convenient Salve

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Convenient Salve

Postby Duane » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:58 am

Kaios wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Short of a technical issue, has anyone, or rather enough players, really hit the caps and shown what pros and cons of them are yet? If not, might be worth grinding through the other problems until we can see some data on if it's worth keeping stat caps.

Biggest downside imo:

Food is useless to a character who has reached the cap in all of or their most important attributes.

Grinding is always useless to a max level character. Difference is there used to not be a max level.

Palibashing by hand was cancer. Don't pretend it wasn't.
Duane

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:11 am

It wasn't, took a lot of time, a lot of food & water and also high stats. Right now there is no difference between cheap ass palisade and expensive brickwall.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby leanne69 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Added Convenience. Subscribers now get a 100% Convenience speed bonus, and verified accounts get 25%, when: Crafting, Building, Chopping trees, Sawing Boards, Chopping Blocks, Fishing, Butchering, and Chipping Stone. The incentives to subscribe have seemed low, so we thought this could be an OK way to increase them. Feel free to opine.

Dunno if know bug or working as intended, but chopping block of mirkwood doesn't seem to be quicker than before.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby Euric » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:10 pm

Added Convenience. Subscribers now get a 100% Convenience speed bonus, and verified accounts get 25%, when: Crafting, Building, Chopping trees, Sawing Boards, Chopping Blocks, Fishing, Butchering, and Chipping Stone. The incentives to subscribe have seemed low, so we thought this could be an OK way to increase them. Feel free to opine.

Doubling the speed of mundane tasks seems kind of... pay to win. I have an activated account but I still don't favor this change. It means that some people can get work done TWICE as fast as others. If you guys are still on the fence about this, here are some alternatives you might consider;

Increased inheritance
Stats for purchased hats (+1 in stat of choice?)
Two or Three extra inventory spaces?

These would appeal to me and I don't think they would be as noticeable as doubling speed. Time is what it takes to get things done in this game...this seems really OP
Solitary. Poor. Nasty. Brutish. Short.
Euric

Postby Zeler » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Euric wrote:Increased inheritance

bad trolling
Zeler

Postby Euric » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:56 am

Zeler wrote:
Euric wrote:Increased inheritance

bad trolling

haha, im not trolling. im just saying i would rather play a game where I don't just have an advantage over everyone because I payed.
Euric

Postby sabinati » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:03 am

The stuff you mentioned is more of an advantage though
sabinati

Postby Glorthan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:31 am

Euric wrote:Doubling the speed of mundane tasks seems kind of... pay to win. I have an activated account but I still don't favor this change. It means that some people can get work done TWICE as fast as others.

These would appeal to me and I don't think they would be as noticeable as doubling speed. Time is what it takes to get things done in this game...this seems really OP

A lot of competitive factions already bot these activities, so it just makes the game have a little less sitting around twiddling your thumbs while you wait for things. I really like the convenience bonus, it's convenient.
Glorthan

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:55 am

Yeah, I don't see the convenience factor being that big of an issue unless it's something like being able to ram down another player's walls twice as fast. Then it is an issue.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Euric » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:39 pm

You all must have a better perspective on this. It seems big to me but I am fairly new.
Euric

Previous

Return to Announcements